Student – Information Management (Ottawa (Downtown), ON, CA)
City : Ottawa
Category : Other
Industry : Banking/Financial
Employer : Bank of Canada
Student - Information Management
Take a central role
The Bank of Canada has a vision to be “a leading central bank—dynamic, engaged and trusted—committed to a better Canada.” No other employer in the country offers you the unique opportunity to work at the very center of Canada’s economy, in a diverse and inclusive organization with significant impact on the economic and financial well-being of all Canadians. You will be challenged, energized and motivated to excel in an environment where we are reinventing central banking, renewing ways of doing business and reinforcing a culture of innovation.
Find out more about the next steps in our Recruitment process.
What you will do
- Reporting to the Manager, Lifecycle and Archives, you will:
- Assist in the collection, classification, and disposition of records to ensure effective retrieval and management of Bank of Canada assets in accordance with our established classification system, best practices and standards
- Assist in accessing and storing records either on or off-site
- Participate in service improvement discussions as we continue our digital journey
- Respond to inquiries from internal clients searching for corporate records, validate client information requirements and provide retrieval services according to established standards for service delivery
- Participate in the description and preservation of the Bank of Canada’s Archival collection
What you need to succeed
- Knowledge and familiarity with Information Management processes, best practices, and standards
- Familiarity with working in information management systems
- Strong ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge of Bank of Canada’s core functions
Your education and experience
You must be enrolled in a university or college program in a field related to library or information studies.
What you need to know
- Language requirement: English or French essential
- Priority will be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents
- Security level required: Be eligible to obtain Reliability or Secret
- Please save a copy of the job poster. Once the closing date has passed, it will no longer be available.
- In response to the COVID-19 pandemic and further to public health guidelines, preventative measures are being taken to ensure health and safety during the recruitment process. All interviews are conducted virtually.
Please note that the application of the Bank’s Covid-19 Vaccination policy has been temporarily suspended, effective June 20, 2022. As a result, you will not be required to submit verification of your vaccination status before starting employment with the Bank. However, please note that the Bank reserves the right to reintroduce vaccination requirements in the future if necessary to respond to changing public health advice andor government direction.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position. Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
What you can expect from us
This is a great opportunity to join a leading organization and be part of a high-performing team.
- Salary $18.92 hourly (job grade Student B)