Student Engineer – Fall 2024
City : New Brunswick
Category : Engineering & Science
Industry : Wood product manufacturing
Employer : J.D. Irving
STUDENT ENGINEER - Fall 2024
Founded in 1882, J.D. Irving, Limited (JDI) has operations in Eastern Canada (New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Prince Edward Island, Quebec, Ontario, Newfoundland, and Labrador), and the United States. We are a team of 19,000 dedicated employees.
We currently have exciting opportunities in Chipman for Student Engineers in Fall 2024(September 3rd - December 20th, 2024). These dates subject to change.
- Education Required:
- Working towards a bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- In good academic standing and returning to school
Ability to work in a team environment involving mill staff, unionized trades people, operators, contractors, and suppliers to ensure projects are completed in a cost effective, timely, safe, and quality manner
- Ability to work safely both in the office and in a manufacturing environment
- Very good communication and organization skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple assignments and shifting priorities
- High energy level and strong attention to detail
- Sound management and technical abilities
- Self-motivated with a strong desire to improve
- Strong administrative skills and computer skills (Microsoft Office)
What You Can Expect from Your Work Term:
- Preliminary design assignments
- Drawing and documents management activities
- Planning and scheduling maintenance repair jobs
- Participation in Process Improvement team projects
- Performing root cause analysis on failures and reliability issues
- Learning about and helping develop reliability best practices
- Requisitioning of materials and services
- Working with contractors and mill personnel to determine scope, planning and execution of work packages for mill projects
To Apply for this Career Opportunity:
Please apply online!
When applying please be sure to include your resume and transcript.
NOTE: The recruiter is reviewing and interviewing eligible applicants for this position as they are received. There are a limited number of positions available so you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
We appreciate your interest in our company! Please note, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. All candidates will be required to complete our standard assessments prior to being invited to participate in next steps. Candidates will receive their invite to assessments following their application and we encourage candidates to complete these as soon as possible.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
J.D. Irving, Limited, Sawmill Division is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.