Structural Engineering Technologist
City : WINNIPEG
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Structural Engineering Technologist - ( 220004A8 )
The buildings that make up the landscape of our daily lives seem like permanent fixtures, fastened to a time and place. But what if that didn’t have to be true? What if our built environment — where we live, learn, play, and conduct business — carried us forward instead?
Our Buildings Engineering practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
As a Structural Engineering Technologist, you will have the opportunity to work as part of a team of engineers and technologists on multiple projects for a range of public and private sector clients. The opportunity is for Buildings modelling using REVIT 2020 and 2022. This is a great opportunity for a motivated, energetic individual who wants to challenge their abilities in a dynamic work environment.
Your Key Responsibilities
- The preparation of contract drawings, schedules, details and sketches from conceptual design, through tender to construction
- Ensure Revit, CAD Standards, Quality Assurance and Quality Control procedures are followed during drawing planning and production
- Meet project timelines
- Travel as needed to undertake field reviews. Must have a vehicle and a valid class 5 drivers license.
- Influence and assist in developing and meeting project budgets
- Coordinate project requirements with the design team
- Support senior and intermediate members of the production team
- Support Construction Administration personnel including field reviews and co-ordination, review and issuance of change orders, clarifications and RFI responses on an occasional or as required basis
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Requisite knowledge and application of National Building Code and other applicable building and energy codes.
- Strong working knowledge of recent versions of AutoCAD and Revit; and how they are applied within the built environment.
- Experience with REVIT would be preferred.
- Working knowledge of Building Information Modeling.
- Familiarity with methods of design to support the architectural/engineering field.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Fluency in writing and reading in French is an asset.
- Enrollment with CTTAM would be preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of structural systems and detailing of structural connections and members in wood, steel, and concrete
Education and Experience
Buildings Technology Diploma from a recognized technical school (preferably focusing on Civil Engineering Technology Program with a drive towards modelling and drafting of structures). Experience in drafting and design of buildings related projects including commercial, institutional, and industrial is preferred.
Typical office environment working with computers and occasional field work which may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.
Primary Location : Canada-Manitoba-Winnipeg
Organization : BC-1154 Buildings-CA Manitoba
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 20 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Dec 23, 2022, 5:02:28 PM
Req ID: 220004A8
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans