Structural Engineering Intern (Summer 2023) – Buildings
City : CALGARY
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Structural Engineering Intern (Summer 2023) - Buildings - ( 230000GM )
Our Buildings practice keeps people at its heart, recognizing that our shared journey forward is shaped by the meaningful and responsive places we design. From iconic designs to monumental groundbreakings, join us to bring transformational building solutions to life. Every day we apply our expertise, creativity, and passion to propel communities into the future—join us!
We have an opportunity for a Structural Engineering Intern, 16 Month Term, to join our Buildings group in Calgary.
Your Key Responsibilities
As a structural engineering intern, you will:
- Provide assistance on the analysis and design for multiple types of structures. We work on a wide range of building projects, including healthcare, education, institutional and industrial. Structural design on our projects utilizes concrete, steel, pre-cast/pre-stressed concrete, wood (including mass timber) and other materials. Assignments will include engineering design tasks with exposure to Building Information Modeling (BIM) and analysis software such as REVIT, RAM Structural System, SAP2000, ETABS, SAFE, and Mathcad.
- Assist with report writing and other documents.
- Support design & field engineers and technologists.
- Assist with construction processes such as shop drawing review, change notices, requests for information, and on-site quality control reviews.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Demonstrate competency and interest in structural analysis software through relevant coursework and/or previous work experiences.
- Demonstrate initiative and attention to detail and accuracy.
- Self-motivated individual with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal abilities and willingness to work in a team environment.
- A high degree of problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Experience with general business and industry software (Office 365, Bluebeam tools, etc.).
- Ability to check own work for accuracy and completeness.
Education and Experience
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Structural Engineering from an accredited university with a focus on Structural Engineering.
- Students who have completed their third-year are encouraged to apply.
- Prior experience is an asset.
Typical office environment working with computers and working at a desk for long periods of time. Field work may include exposure to the elements including inclement weather.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best. #DesignYourPlace
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Organization : BC-1153 Buildings-CA Alberta
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Entry Level
Travel : Yes, 10 % of the Time
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Feb 6, 2023, 1:16:39 PM
Req ID: 230000GM
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans