Structural BIM Modeler
City : Toronto, ON
Category : Buildings - Structural
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a BIM Modeler to join our dynamic Structural Modeling team, located at our downtown Toronto office. Reporting to the BIM Manager the successful candidate will be working in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary environment, requiring them to manage high profile projects, modeling innovative design solutions from inception through to construction.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer,
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada;
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things;
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Develop completed building models and drawings using Revit software
- Assume full responsibility and ownership of assigned projects
- Coordinate WSP drawings with other project disciplines.
- Support established BIM standards and modeling best practices
- Create Revit families
We'd love to hear from you if you have...
- 3-5 years working experience and education background in Revit and MicroStation
- Experience in construction and / or consulting services
- In-depth experience modeling with Revit for a large sized structural engineering firm
- Minimum 3-5 years of BIM experience in an structural engineering environment
- Knowledgeable in Revit families and template creation
- Strong awareness of interoperability of BIM modeling and design tools
- Understanding of Dynamo scripting
- Promote and support practices that improve production efficiency and effectiveness
- Creative problem solver
- Customer Service oriented with commitment to working within a team environment
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate clearly and effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Strong, self-motivated with desire to grow professionally and personally.
- Organized and methodical with a capacity for resolving challenges
- Attentive to details
- Committed to technical excellence to produce quality deliverables and meeting deadlines.