Requisition ID: 1692
Number of Vacancies: 6
Department: Materials And Procurement (20000009) - Location To Be Determined
Union: ATU, Local 113
Salary Information: View on TTC website - View on TTC website
Pay Scale Group: WG 8
Employment Type: View on TTC website
Weekly Hours: View on TTC website, Off Days: To Be Determined Shift: To Be Determined
Posted On: February 13, 2020
Last Day to Apply: July 5, 2020
Reports to: Area Supervisor
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America's third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC's vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC's recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing "a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy."
We are currently seeking a Storeperson. This position may be required to primarily work on a designated job assignment (e.g. Truck Driver, Equipment Mover, Warehouse, Receiving, etc.)
- Performing varied and moderately complex duties specific to the assigned location that relate to the sorting, storing and issuing of parts and general storekeeping
- Receiving, unpacking, checking, loading, unloading, storing, tracking, investigating stock discrepancies and issuing all IFS controlled parts, supplies, chemicals, etc. required for the support of maintenance operations
- Carrying out duties, in support of the assigned location that will include ordering, receiving, storing and issuing of non-stock items, and expediting in urgent situations, as well as advising Inventory Planners of required adjustments to stock levels for current projects
- Demonstrates behaviours that support diversity, inclusion, and a respectful work and service environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. Helps to remove barriers and accommodate employees and customers (within their area of responsibility) in accordance with TTC’s commitments and obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and Related Orders, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and TTC’s policies.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
- Must have a valid Certificate of Qualification as a Partsperson as administered by the College of Trades and the Ministry of Colleges and Universities
- Completion of Grade 12 or its equivalent as defined by the Ministry of Education
- Must be able to demonstrate an ability to read and understand verbal and written instructions, to write and express self clearly
- Must pass tests set by the Materials & Procurement Department which correspond in content to the knowledge, theory and/or practical requirements described above
- As the successful candidate, you will be required to attend and successfully complete the TTC Operations Training Centre’s instruction for forklift truck operation and obtain a Class DZ Licence
- Must also attend and successfully complete WHMIS training as well as training for the Transportation of Dangerous Goods and Subway/SRT Rule Book
- Must be proficient in the use of a personal computer and in Outlook
- Must possess a valid non-probationary class G Driver's Licence
- Must attend Customer Service training as scheduled
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The TTC is committed to fostering a positive workplace culture with a workforce that is representative of the communities it serves. Committed to the principles of diversity and inclusion, the TTC encourages applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodation is available for applicants, including those with disabilities, throughout the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources - Employment Services at (416) 393-4570.
The TTC’s Employment Policy prohibits relatives of current TTC employees from being hired, assigned, transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a conflict of interest due to relationship. Should you be selected for an interview, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship, and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee.