Store Process Specialist
City : Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category : Full time
Industry : Business Support
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:300 - 1780 Wellington Ave., Winnipeg, Manitoba, R3H 1B3
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Reporting directly to the Vice President, Operations the incumbent will be the subject matter expert on all Store Continuous Improvement initiatives and programs to drive Operational Excellence in Stores. They will be responsible for liaising with the Associate and Store Leadership team to ensure store systems and processes are performing at an optimal level. The incumbent will monitor reports, highlighting variances and providing training and coaching in identified areas of opportunity.
- Lead the Regional implementation of all Corporate Continuous Improvement initiatives, including training and change management supporting various projects such as, but not limited to, SCO, ABS, ARI, BIMI, SARC, LITES, SAP, Finances Retail Transformation roll out, etc.
- Liaison between assigned stores and Central Office in reporting and communicating between parties for high priority/urgent/widespread issues for quick resolution/work arounds.
- Perform store visits and audits to assess Store team skills and highlight further training requirements to ensure all Store systems, (e.g. MMS, EPOS, PDT, Workday, Lawson/SAP) and all other systems applications, are maximized for operational effectiveness. Supports Store Training on these systems, as required.
- Provide full support during new capital projects, acquisitions, relocations, expansions and Associate changeovers by supporting training of store employees on systems and procedures and by ensuring inventory counts are accurate and all systems, including accounting and inventory, are operational to ensure a smooth transition and execution of projects.
- Perform store visits to assist Associates and store teams for inventory preparation, and readiness for inventory count’s day. Attend, store inventory day count, as necessary.
- Audit, monitor and review inventory control procedures and investigate variances between Materials Management System (MMS) and Lawson to improve shrink control and bottom line results.
- Attend ICS-Intensive Care Stores to investigate any potential issues and explore opportunities to minimize risks.
- Review, analyze and perform store visits, as required, to address store financial data discrepancies and opportunities for improvement to the store and BU P&L.
- Liaise with Retail Accounting Department / District Managers to report on store visitations, P&L, RFP, total loss, cycle counts, inventory results, margins including postal and lotteries, payroll results, etc. to resolve any inquiries from the stores and/or opportunities.
- Provide guidance and support to Store Administrators and Associate Owners on store accounting related functions, tasks, and systems (e.g. LITES, SAP, Payroll, FPO, EHT and WCB/WSIB filings/form completion, etc). Knowledgeable on provincial programs (bus tickets, lotto, etc.) payroll and third-party requirements.
- Liaise with IT escalation to ensure that all systems are operational and to resolve issues or concerns already reported and escalated by stores to ERC.
Skills, Experience & Education
This position requires a demonstrated level of initiative and judgment in order to organize and prioritize tasks, workload and projects. Courtesy, tact and diplomacy are required in dealing with colleagues in every day working relationships.
- Willing to always learn and embrace change in processes and directives
- Requires the ability to identify and improve work processes and teams.
- Provides advice about operations in a specialized or technical area.
- Requires specialized interpersonal skills to resolve situations with colleagues where there may be some level of conflict, stress or uncertainty.
- Provides solutions by using imaginative approaches where constructive thinking and innovation are required.
- Utilizes decision making skills to determine the best use of resources and operational processes.
- Adaptable to set and prioritize work with varying exceptions. Able to work with diverse personalities and styles.
- Communicates with clarity, verbally and in one on one or group situations, or over the telephone.
- Communicates well in writing by composing clear documents; facility with editing and/or proof-reading is required.
- Advanced computer skills especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint to produce and interpret reports, documents and presentations. Knowledge of inventory management and accounting software.
- Business acumen - advanced understanding of quality standards relative to inventory management and accounting procedures.
- Knowledge of National Store Operating, Merchandising, and POP Standards, inventory management, business, and accounting systems to develop and implement training strategies
- Professional manner, tact, diplomacy and discretion in dealing with associates and colleagues including senior management.
Greater than five years of retail operational experience, inventory management, accounting, computer and systems or equivalent experience.
Shoppers Drug Mart experience is preferred
Post-secondary education equivalent to a university diploma in Business, Inventory Management, Accounting, Computer or equivalent.
Certificates, Licenses or Registration
Ability and means to travel on a flexible schedule as needed. Must hold a valid driver’s license
* Incumbents are required to exert the following physical effort; however, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Much of the time is spent visiting stores with the frequent opportunity to stand or move about. The incumbent may be required to occasionally kneel, reach, bend, or stretch and carry light objects consistent with usual office materials such as, paper, files and other office supplies.
Work is mainly performed in a store environment where there is minimal exposure to dust, fumes, temperature variance and other sensory attributes. Level of noise at any given time is mild to moderate and may experience frequent interruptions
There is a frequent need to give close attention, much of the time requiring the use of two or more senses simultaneously.
The incumbent may be exposed to situations which may cause mild mental stress. There are some pressures from meeting deadlines, multitasking, or producing accurate work. The stress levels felt would not be noticeably disruptive to the work nor would the unpleasant reaction be strong or persistent
Note: This job profile indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent. It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. The incumbent may be asked to perform other duties which may be assigned from time to time.
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.