Store Manager, Woodbridge
City : Woodbridge, ON
Category : Full time, Retail Store Operations
Industry : Retail Goods
Employer : Canadian Tire
The Store General Manager is responsible for maximizing the net profit of their location by effective management of all functions in the store. This is accomplished through ensuring optimal customer experiences, maximizing sales, expense and cost management, store presentation, and protection of company assets. The incumbent is a brand ambassador and drives continual growth of business and development of people, leveraging best practices and leads through stewardship of Mark’s Leadership Brand.
• Provides leadership to the team and consistently coaches and follows up to ensure the delivery of the service model standards are provided to each customer.
• Enforces delivery of our operating model customer service standards.
• Provide continuous feedback and coaching to Management & team members based on key metrics. and observed behaviours through Shift Starters, 1 on 1s, and performance management coaching programs.
• Meets established service levels agreements for in-store services and order fulfillment
• Supports the organization in customer acquisition through the promotion of our customer loyalty and credit card programs
• Demonstrates and follows up on execution of Mark’s visual compliance standards, store maintenance and pricing standards.
• Establishes plan and follows up on execution of weekly price changes, promotional set-ups, and department POP as per workbook resulting in 100% system pricing including weekly prices sweeps.
• Leads the implementation and execution of standard operating procedures (SOPs) • Leads the execution of seasonal changeover as per seasonal merchandising plan
• Responsible to deliver annual corporate shrink targets through team education, enforcement of LP and audit standards and rigid inventory control.
• Oversees preparation for annual inventories.
• Follows and ensures compliance of all corporate LP, Cash and Audit, and OH&S policies and procedures.
• Creates and / or monitors the creation of efficient store weekly scheduling for both sales and support functions.
• Coach and develop store and management team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
• Create development plans and conducts annual appraisals for management team and direct reports; support and coach to improve any performance gaps and conducts ongoing coaching to improve team.
• Communicates in a clear and concise manner to team, leading effective Shift Starter meetings / coaching sessions, keeping team well informed of pertinent information.
• Completes and holds team accountable to complete required Triangle Learning Academy within timeframes.
• Facilitate and lead team meetings.
• Ensure execution of the Customer Experience and provides resolution for all customer concerns.
• Develops and leads recruiting and hiring strategy for store, maintains a complete team
• Create succession plans through continuous training and development
• Acts a brand ambassador, promoting our stores, brands, and people internally and externally
• Continually motivates team and performance through recognition programs, store contests, customer compliments, etc.
• Maintain Mark’s performance management expectations (feedback/coaching); this includes progressive discipline where necessary.
• Follows the disciplinary process consistently and impartially. • Promotes and maintains a positive and motivating work environment (safe, inclusive, and empowering)
• Achieves sales goals and store order fulfillment metrics
• Delivers on Triangle loyalty program targets
• Shrink at or below target
• Payroll managed to plan
• Expenses managed to plan What you bring
• Proven ability to coach, mentor and develop department team and store team, through setting expectations, communication, coaching, feedback and ongoing support
• Proven ability to build and manage a daily, weekly plan for the department and store
• Exceptional communication skills
• Excellent organizational skills • Superior training and mentoring skills
• 3-5 years retail experience required
• High energy, enthusiasm and a drive to succeed
At Marks, we want you to experience an extraordinary career in helping to lead our brand's evolution to be Canada’s number one destination for industrial and casual apparel and footwear. As one of Canada’s leading apparel retailers, and a valued part of the Canadian Tire family of companies, Mark’s stands out for its commitment to comfort, quality and style. Mark’s is a leader in product development, innovation and quality through its assortment of industrial apparel, footwear and accessories, with strong private and exclusive brands. Join us, where there's a place for you here.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are committed to fostering an environment where belonging thrives, and diversity, inclusion and equity are infused into everything we do. We believe in building an organizational culture where people are consistently treated with dignity while respecting individual religion, nationality, gender, race, age, perceived ability, spoken language, sexual orientation, and identification. We are united in our purpose of being here to help make life in Canada better.
We stand firm in our Core Value that inclusion is a must. We welcome and encourage candidates from equity-seeking groups such as people who identify as racialized, Indigenous, 2SLGBTQIA+, women, people with disabilities, and beyond. Should you require any accommodation in applying for this role, or throughout the interview process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to help meet your needs.