Store Manager (Freedom Mobile) – Rio Can Market Place
City : Toronto
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks. At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers. Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
We are currently looking for a Store Manager to join one of our exciting Retail locations on a full-time basis! Our successful candidate will create and support a positive team environment that builds morale and encourages top performance while improving store performance across all metrics through efficient supervision, goal setting and phenomenal customer service.
What we offer…
• An Employee Phone Program which gives you access to great deals on phone plans as well as a mobile phone subsidy
• Paid vacation for a healthy work-life balance
• A strong culture of career progression that offers development, growth and internal promotion
• Eligibility to participate in the Store Manager Monthly Bonus Performance Program
A typical day
Your primary daily interactions will be with Freedom Mobile customers and your team! As a Store Manager, you will…
• Be a natural leader and empower others to succeed in their job while encouraging a culture conducive to teamwork, continuous learning and growth and development
• Provide frequent coaching and mentoring to ensure the success of each employee and the team
• Empower your employees to perform to the best of their abilities in creative and engaging ways
• Set clear objectives, give direction and take corrective action as part of effective performance management with a commitment to improvement
• Take ownership for resolving all customer issues, with the ability to take swift and appropriate action in order to retain customers
• Clearly communicate issues and opportunities to executives and effectively relay company initiatives to staff
• Ensure efficient store operations through effective scheduling and recruitment
• SETTING PERFORMANCE DIRECTION: Translating broader business initiatives into clear team objectives and concrete individual goals, aligning appropriately with other groups for efficient, coordinated action.
• INSPIRING OTHERS: Creating a team environment where everyone wants to do their best and deliver results.
• DELEGATING: Broadly sharing responsibility and accountability of both routine and important tasks and decisions.
• DEVELOPING AND MENTORING OTHERS: Having awareness of each person's career goals; hold development discussions and provide challenging tasks and assignments to promote development
• HOLDING PEOPLE ACCOUNTABLE: Supervising progress and results; give feedback effectively and make tough decisions when appropriate. Experience
• Minimum 2-3 years of progressive retail experience in a management role
• Previous experience in the wireless industry is preferred
• Post-secondary diploma/degree an asset
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check
• You may be required to work in other Freedom Mobile store locations within a 35km radius of your Home Store
At Shaw, we believe diversity and inclusion are integral to the continued growth and success of our entire company. We believe diversity and inclusion enhances our Company’s culture and creates a sense of belonging where people feel comfortable bringing their true selves to work. This in turn promotes innovation through harnessing the variety of experiences, thoughts, and perspectives our employees have to offer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, age, or any other identifying characteristic.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.