Store Manager (Freedom Mobile) – Conestoga Mall (Freedom Mobile)
City : Waterloo
Category : Full-time
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Shaw
A little about us
What we do at Shaw matters - in a world where being connected has never been more critical, we bring the best wireline and wireless technology and solutions together to create exceptional customer experiences. Every day we help millions of Canadians live their best-connected lives through the strength, capacity and combined power of our Fast LTE and Fibre+ networks. At Shaw we say we’re brighter together, and we believe it’s the diverse mix of brilliant people here that really makes us shine. When you join our team, you’ll see we are so much more than just a company. Shaw connects you with limitless opportunity, an incredible culture, career development and a great benefits package. We are a friendly, collaborative group, and we have a lot of fun finding new ways to delight our customers. Come dream bigger and brighter with Shaw.
We are currently looking for a Store Manager to join our Conestoga Mall location on a full-time basis! Our successful candidate will create and support a positive team environment that builds morale and encourages top performance while improving store performance across all metrics through efficient supervision, goal setting and phenomenal customer service.
What we offer…
• An Employee Phone Program which gives you access to great deals on phone plans as well as a mobile phone subsidy
• Paid vacation for a healthy work-life balance
• A strong culture of career progression that offers development, growth and internal promotion
• Eligibility to participate in the Store Manager Monthly Bonus Performance Program
A typical day
You’ll spend most of your day interacting with your team members, empowering them to succeed in their job while fostering a culture conducive to teamwork, continuous learning, growth, and development. Using tools, resources and data, you’ll own the customer experience and your store’s performance by coaching and mentoring your team to ensure individual and team success, motivating them to perform to the best of their abilities. You’ll regularly communicate business initiatives and set clear objectives for your team, giving them direction and guidance and taking corrective action where necessary to hold them accountable. The rest of your time will be focused on maximizing store performance, managing staffing levels through scheduling and recruitment, inventory and cash management, and ensuring compliance to in-store brand expectations and operational procedures.
Other accountabilities include:
• Help set new team members up for success by supporting onboarding and training activities
• Take ownership for resolving customer issues, taking swift and appropriate action to retain them
• Ensure efficient store operations through effective scheduling and recruitment
• Manage the store with an entrepreneurial spirit, maintaining awareness of market and industry trends
• Build collaborative relationships with market, region, and division partners
• Consistently exercise independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance
• Create a positive and motivating environment that promotes diversity and inclusiveness
• Efficiently manage the day-to-day operations including inventory, cash management, and compliance to in-store brand expectations and operational procedures
• Maintain merchandising and in-store compliance to brand expectations
• Maintain appropriate staffing levels and efficient scheduling for effective operations, maximizing store performance
• 1-3 years of leadership experience
• 3+ years of retail sales experience, preferably in a consumer technology environment
• Post-secondary degree or college diploma (in business, sales, or a related field) is preferred but not required
• Natural, motivational and energetic leader with exceptional sales skills, inspiring teams to be successful
• Superior customer service and interpersonal skills
• Excellent communication skills (presentation, written and verbal)
• Through a commitment to improvement, be willing to challenge the status quo and ask questions
• Able to put decisions into action, create a plan, and execute
• Strong problem-solving skills with an ability to identify barriers and overcome obstacles
• Exceptional at time management, prioritization, and multitasking And some other things…
• You must be able to maintain a varied work schedule to support the operational hours of our various retail stores, channels, and region. This includes evenings, weekends, and statutory holidays.
• You may be expected to work in other Shaw retail store locations
• This position requires the successful completion of a criminal and credit background check
• You may be required to work in other store locations within a 35km radius of your Home Store #Shawretail
At Shaw, we believe diversity and inclusion are integral to the continued growth and success of our entire company. We believe diversity and inclusion enhances our Company’s culture and creates a sense of belonging where people feel comfortable bringing their true selves to work. This in turn promotes innovation through harnessing the variety of experiences, thoughts, and perspectives our employees have to offer. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, regardless of race, gender, age, or any other identifying characteristic.
Shaw Communications, through its third-party vendor, collects and stores information applicable to the candidate profile you create when you submit the information asked for below. The use and disclosure of the collected information is for the sole purpose of job search and placement activities for Shaw Communications. The information is subject to Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act. The information will be retained and when disposed of, it is done so in a secure manner. Your profile will become inactive and moved to the archive if you do not access your profile for a period of 1 year.