Store Loss Prevention Lead, Polo Park
City : Winnipeg, MB
Category : Full time, Retail Store Operations
Industry : Retail Goods
Employer : Canadian Tire
What you’ll do
- As a Store Loss Prevention Lead at SportChek, your positive attitude will help customers and employees of the store. You will ensure customer and Loss Prevention awareness lives within the store environment.
- Reporting to the Store General Manager, you will be responsible for leading the effort to reduce internal and external loss within the store by being a presence on the sales floor and ensuring the store is executing all aspects of the LP Program.
- Being a Loss Prevention presence at the front of store and in-department during high-risk hours
- Having great awareness and ensuring customers are acknowledged throughout the store.
- Ensuring product is secure in the store, following the LP tagging standards and ensuring high value product remains locked.
- Logging incidents as necessary and liaising with the Regional Loss Prevention Manager to share information.
- Coaching associates to ensure they are aware of acknowledgment responsibilities and current LP Hotspots
What you bring
- 6+ months of previous retail experience is considered an asset.
- 12+ months of previous experience as a Loss Prevention Officer or In-store Security is considered an asset.
- Previous experience training and mentoring employees
- Physically capable of lifting and moving heavy containers (up to 50lbs)
- Computer literacy is an asset.
- Passion for your activities and a drive to inspire others to be active.
- High School Diploma
- Provincially valid Security Guard or Investigator License considered an asset.
- Paid industry training, opportunities for growth and advancement, bonus structure.
- Possible cost coverage of SGL training, depending on experience level.
At Sport Chek, we want to find what moves you, and help build your career from there. As Canada’s destination for footwear, apparel, and sporting goods; we believe that sport and activity has the power to help shape your style, your relationships, and your mind. Along with colleagues across the Canadian Tire family of companies, you’ll be a part of a collaborative network of like-minded individuals who draw on their collective experience to best serve customers across all banners from coast-to-coast. Join us, where there's a place for you here.
Our Commitment to Diversity, Inclusion and Belonging
We are committed to fostering an environment where belonging thrives, and diversity, inclusion and equity are infused into everything we do. We believe in building an organizational culture where people are consistently treated with dignity while respecting individual religion, nationality, gender, race, age, perceived ability, spoken language, sexual orientation, and identification. We are united in our purpose of being here to help make life in Canada better.
We stand firm in our Core Value that inclusion is a must. We welcome and encourage candidates from equity-seeking groups such as people who identify as racialized, Indigenous, 2SLGBTQIA+, women, people with disabilities, and beyond. Should you require any accommodation in applying for this role, or throughout the interview process, please make them known when contacted and we will work with you to help meet your needs.