Staff Software Developer in Test
City : Markham
Category : Other
Industry : Technology/Computer Services
Employer : IBM
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
What you will do:
- Design QE methodology and test approaches that validate features developed by Agile / Scrum teams and ensures the accuracy of the requirements.
- Drive, scope, design and code automated tests.
- Create automation best practices.
- Participate in our Agile process by being an active contributor in daily standups, sprint kick-offs, demonstrations, and retrospectives.
- Make recommendations for improvements in how we engineer our products.
- Perform manual and automated QE processes for new releases, and for routine maintenance. Report defects and testing status
- Design test environment in QE Lab
- Simulate real-world deployments of the products, and reproduce customer issues
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
What you'll bring
- 7+ years experience in Quality Engineering
- Exposure to Agile / Scrum methodology
- Experience writing code in Java or Groovy or Python
- Able to find bottlenecks and thresholds in existing code with the help of automation tools.
- Able to set up, maintain, and operate test automation frameworks.
- Familiarity with TestRail, Jira, Git, Jenkins, Selenium, ReadyAPI is a plus
- Experience testing virtualization or storage software intersecting with additional background in one or more of the following: virtualized storage, VMWare vCenter, , Hyper-V, NetApp, Cloud Computing (AWS, Azure, GCP), Cloud-native, SQL proficiency.
- Advocate for all facets of product quality (usability, scalability, maintainability, etc)
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science (or comparable work experience)
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business UnitIBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Your Life @ IBMIn a world where technology never stands still, we understand that, dedication to our clients success, innovation that matters, and trust and personal responsibility in all our relationships, lives in what we do as IBMers as we strive to be the catalyst that makes the world work better.
Being an IBMer means you’ll be able to learn and develop yourself and your career, you’ll be encouraged to be courageous and experiment everyday, all whilst having continuous trust and support in an environment where everyone can thrive whatever their personal or professional background.
Our IBMers are growth minded, always staying curious, open to feedback and learning new information and skills to constantly transform themselves and our company. They are trusted to provide on-going feedback to help other IBMers grow, as well as collaborate with colleagues keeping in mind a team focused approach to include different perspectives to drive exceptional outcomes for our customers. The courage our IBMers have to make critical decisions everyday is essential to IBM becoming the catalyst for progress, always embracing challenges with resources they have to hand, a can-do attitude and always striving for an outcome focused approach within everything that they do.
Are you ready to be an IBMer?
About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Location StatementMust have the ability to work in Canada without sponsorship.
This role will involve working with technology that is covered by Export Regulations sanctions. If you are a Foreign National from any of the following US sanctioned countries (Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria, and the Crimea, Luhansk, Donetsk, Kherson, and Zaporizhia regions of Ukraine) on a work permit, you are not eligible for employment in this position.
Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.