Sr. Technical Analyst, IMS System Program
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
- Install & support multiple IMSplex configurations, including IMS Connect regions, supporting WAS & MQ transaction inputs, Omegamon/IMS monitoring and Db2 back-ends, across 2 development LPARs, 5 testing lpars & 9 production LPARs, running numerous applications, all with high availability production requirements.
- Identify opportunities for tuning IMS performance to ensure SLA requirements are maintained or exceeded.
- Ensure all IMS regions are completely secure from any unauthorized access or usage thru IMS’s usage of RACF security. Ensure the verifications of all IMS security parameters upon the start of the IMS control region, escalating any found IMS security parm changes for analysis and conversion back to documented settings.
- Produce clear technical documentation and conform to any audit requirements.
- Ensure that IMS software and RBC written code maintained by the incumbent and his/her team are maintained at appropriate levels to ensure RBCFG remains on the leading edge of technology. The expectation is that IMS will be maintained at a current or current minus one generation level, depending upon the value the new release delivers.
- Ensure that IMS software and RBC written code maintained by the incumbent and his/her team are maintained at appropriate SMP/E maintenance levels to ensure RBCFG minimizes exposure to known risks. The expectation is that vendor software will have its maintenance fully upgraded twice per year. Vendor hiper lists are to be reviewed monthly for important RBC impacting hiper fixes, to be scheduled for installation.
- Ensure that changes to IMS software and RBC written code maintained by the incumbent and his/her team are documented in the RBC change management system and emergency changes destined for the production systems are within the organizational standards.
- Ensure that problems with IMS software and RBC written code maintained by the incumbent and his/her team are isolated and resolved in a timely manner such that impact is kept to an absolute minimum.
- Identify and make recommendations on exploitation of new IMS & z/OS features and/or functions, such as z/OS Connect EE API processing, and RBC written code to ensure proper use of technology while adhering to RBC’s long-term architectural direction.
- Maintain an understanding of evolving IMS technology as well as interfacing technologies, such as Db2, MQ & WAS, supported by other areas of RBC.
- Provide expert technical advice to operations staff in GCC and NCC and application developers as required to assist in resolution of their problems.
- Provide key consulting services to application development initiatives when requested.
- Share experiences and knowledge with all members of the team through open communications. Provide learning and training opportunities for junior team members.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.