Sr Specialist, Cyber Security – Product Evaluation
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
As the largest high-tech team in Canada, Network and Technology Services builds cutting edge fibre and 5G networks that drive how Canadians connect with each other and the world! Our team is at the forefront of developing Bell’s leading products and services: Fibe TV and Internet, Wireless, Smart Home, cloud, security and IoT. We enable the delivery of the best content from Crave, TSN/RDS, iHeart Radio and dozens of other leading media properties to our customers any time, on any device.
The Bell Network Security Engineering and Program Management team is expanding to lead the evolution of our cyber security technology roadmap.
Your main role is to support the mid and long-term evolution of our technological architecture plan, by focusing on evaluating, both on the business and technical side, new and emerging security centric technologies and products. You’ll be involved in technical discussions and decisions with senior security architects and asset owners. A key element of the role is to build and document a repeatable, solid process to support the selection of security solutions, in an agile and incremental approach.
Candidates must be self-motivated, open minded and a passion for creativity. The successful candidate will partner closely with other security architects and specialist internally.
- Work with Senior Security Architects to perform technical and business level analysis of technology landscape in multiple areas of security, touching multiple fields (PaaS and SaaS in particular) and emerging technologies and products
- Support the selection of vendors to shortlist, perform an assessment of test cases, scenarios and suitable features based on discussions with Architects
- Lead and support targeted POCs to support business cases
- Build financial/costing estimates as well as evaluate the maturity of the field to support the technology roadmap of Bell
- Prepare tentative deployment plans, timelines to support future/planned projects
- 8+ years of cyber security experience, including 2+ years of experience supporting the selection of new technologies in Security or related areas
- Demonstrated experience with a wide variety of security technologies in multiple areas, such as SIEM, active defences, threat detection, web protection, vulnerability management, SOC, etc.
- Demonstrated experience with Linux/Unix, Windows, some scripting and automation experience, (REST API, Bash, PowerShell, Ansible).
- Experience interacting with SaaS as well as public cloud. Demonstrable knowledge of at least one of the top3 cloud providers.
- Demonstrated experience in building Business case and financial evaluation, as well as presenting findings to leadership
- Experience with networking and security devices such as Firewalls, NAT devices and other security controls
- Some knowledge of knowledge of software development life cycle, DevOps, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents.
- High tolerance to ambiguity and ability to adapt in a fast-evolving environment
- Ability to manage time and priorities across multiple projects and duties
- Excellent synthesis and analysis capacity
- Some Security or cloud certifications would be of interest however not mandatory
- Bilingual (French and English) an asset
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Ontario : Ottawa || Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 04/16/2023
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.