Sr Solutions Architect
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
The Solutions Architect will play a key role in shaping the strategy and implementation of CAO, Internal Audit and Law applications. The Architect will partner with business stakeholders, technology leadership, portfolio managers and development teams to drive the development of end-end-to solutions. The Architect will develop blueprints, application roadmaps and provide technical leadership to key strategic and transformative programs for CAO, Internal Audit and Law Group business. The Architect will primarily be responsible for the creation and rationalization of solutions as well as the communication of the same to both business and technology stakeholders and providing guidance to the delivery teams for its implementation.
What will you do?
· Work with technical teams and business partners/specialists within the CAO, Audit, and Law application groups and 3rd parties to understand the current state and identify constraints in defining the future state architecture for applications & related interfaces.
· Define end to end technical solutions that take into account the enterprise architecture strategies, current state environment and constraints for Customer and Advisor-facing digital channels. Analyze the viability of the solution to meet product timelines, budget and quality. Present the solution to different stakeholders and certification boards, including the Architecture Review Board, as needed.
· Collaborate with business and technology partners to translate features and requirements to technical design and act as the lead technical authority on the program or project.
· Work with Data Architecture, Security Architecture, Infrastructure SME’s and project teams to ensure all aspects of CAO, Audit, and Law architecture are defined in conjunction with RBC standards, policies, priorities and best practices.
· Facilitate small to large group meetings for reviewing technical architecture, decision making and problem solving.
· Manage the application portfolio in terms of technology currency, business agility, technology evolution, business fit, opportunities to improve efficiencies and TCO.
· Develop the architecture artifacts (Architecture Blueprint, Architecture Decisions, Application Roadmap) based on RBC practices and review with Enterprise Architecture, Lead Architects, Business Architects and key program stakeholders.
· Design, develop and lead PoCs occasionally in collaboration with development teams to evaluate new technologies, tools and solutions.
· Analyze the existing applications and provide architecture artifacts for current scope and target scope.
What do you need to succeed?
- 5+ years of solution architecture experience
- Experience with a variety of modern technologies/approaches including event-based architecture, cloud-based deployments, SQL & NOSQL databases, REST/API/Microservices first applications, ElasticSearch, Experience with many aspects of architecture, including mobile and web application design, data modelling and database design, security and infrastructure.
- Ability to quickly evaluate options, make decisions and execute within an intense technology environment with multiple stakeholders
- Strong analytical, consultative, and team communication / facilitative skills with solid written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding on different integration patterns and approaches.
- Experience in Cloud Computing and Public Cloud Platforms: Pivotal Cloud Foundry, OpenShift, Microsoft Azure and AWS
- Working knowledge of financial/investment concepts and applications.
- Business or product leadership experience
- Familiarity with design thinking and customer centric design
- Different reporting solutions and designs both in on premises and hybrid architectures.
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
· A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
· Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
· Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
· Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
· A world-class training program in financial services
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.