Sr. Solutions Architect
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Develops solution architecture (SA) and resolves complex issues in a variety of projects through the implementation of requirements analysis, expertise support and project supervision. Applies extensive, in-depth knowledge, skills, and practices to perform complex assignments.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Develop and Socialize end-to-end solution for RBC initiatives based on strong collaboration with business and technology leaders with alignment to enterprise architecture, technology standards and industry best practices
- Influence decision making and facilitate teams with multiple stakeholders at all levels in the organization
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship, including contributing to knowledge within the architecture community
- Proactively drive rationalization of competing interests and achieve consensus on contentious issues
- Establish and maintain effective partnerships and relationships with global architecture areas, Application Development, Technology & Operations, business groups, Global Technology Infrastructure, and others
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and aggressive deliverables and take a leadership role in moving initiatives forward and removing obstacles
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Total IT experience of at least 10 years out of which a minimum of 4 years doing Application or Solutions Architectures on large complex projects
- Bachelors in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in developing and implementing domain APIs
- Advanced knowledge of digital channel (Web/Mobile iOS/Android) application architecture patterns
- Advanced knowledge on different architecture/design techniques (e.g. Integration patterns, component-based design), Front end technologies (Angular/React, single page applications), data integration, security integration and infrastructure with a broad technical knowledge on integration and messaging technologies including batch, synchronous, asynchronous technologies
- Advanced knowledge on Web/mobile applications security patterns including OAuth, SSO, SAML, etc.
- Advanced knowledge on different architecture/design techniques (e.g. Microservices, REST/SOAP, Cloud Native applications, Event-Driven Architecture, Orchestration/Choreography, Data Pipelines), modern technology platforms (e.g. Kafka, Websphere MQ/, Rabbit MQ, RBDMS, NoSQL, Hadoop, etc.),
- Financial services domain knowledge
- Hands-on development experience on at least one of the major programing languages e.g. Java, Python, C++/C#, Microservices, Cloud, Front ends and APIs
- Hands on experience in Web/Mobile native application development including iOS and Android
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.