Sr Solution Architect
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
WHAT IS THE OPPORTUNITY?
The Investor &Treasury Services Information Technology (I&TS IT) Solution Architecture team is undertaking multiple complex initiatives supporting the Investor & Treasury Services business. In this role you will be responsible for strategically planning and managing successful implementation while aligning to Enterprise standard technologies and patterns. The role will coordinate, develop, lead, communicate and execute activities to ensure objectives are accomplished according on time.
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
- Lead the technical solution design and delivery of key artifacts, leading projects through the architecture certification process.
- Collaborate with project leadership, technical teams, enterprise architecture teams and business stakeholders to deliver solutions that meet project constraints.
- Manage the implementation of multiple concurrent initiatives of varying complexity in a time efficient manner.
- Continuously identify potential issues, conflicts, and risks. Analyze, mitigate and escalate where appropriate
- Mentor staff
- Collaborate and contribute on cross-functional enterprise initiatives and manage the effective implementation of assigned deliverables.
- Establish strong working relationships across business areas to build influence and impact with key business partners. Collaborate with groups to define and achieve deliverables and ensure initiatives are effectively integrated into RBC procedures and processes.
WHAT DO YOU NEED TO SUCCEED?
- Undergraduate degree coupled with change management experience in complex programs with high frequency of requests and multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated ability in written and oral communication skills along with strong presentation skills. Ability to determine the information and communication needs of the stakeholders and project.
- Strong organizational, project management and time management capabilities.
- A strong understanding of technology in the financial services industry including Cloud technologies (Azure, OpenShift), SWIFT, Development languages, DevOps and development frameworks (Springboot, etc)
- Deadline-driven and results-oriented; able to meet consistently high quality standards while handling a variety of tasks and deadlines simultaneously
- A strong understanding of the Investor & Treasury Services business within financial services
- Experience in a matrix environment, such as a large, publicly-traded corporation
- Ability to facilitate between and influence key decision makers
- Strategic thinker with excellent interpersonal skills to work across functions and businesses
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.