Sr. Software Engineer (Data)
City : Mississauga, Ontario
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Information
Employer : PointClickCare
For more than 20 years, PointClickCare has been the backbone of senior care. We’ve amassed the richest senior care dataset making our market density untouchable and our connections to the healthcare ecosystem exponentially more powerful than those of any other platform.
With Collective Medical & Audacious Inquiry, we’ve become the most expansive, full-continuum care collaboration network, offering care teams immediate, point-of-care access to deep, real-time insights at every stage of a patient’s journey.
SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER (DATA)
What does PointClickCare do?
We’re a cloud-based software provider for the senior care market in North America. But we’re also the industry leaders in terms of growth potential and our expansion into new markets of Senior Care. We all know someone who has aging parents or grandparents. Our technology is helping to improve the quality of care for the additional 58 Million Seniors that will reside in North America over the next 16 years.
What does a Data Software Engineer at PointClickCare do?
You don’t just get stuck in the usual Enterprise Software world here. We work with Sensors, API’s, 3rd parties, mobile apps, hybrid apps, and other cool technologies for Full Stack Developers to work on. We operate in an Agile SW Development environment, and we’re continuing to invest heavily in R&D.
What does a typical day look like for a Data Software Engineer?
· You would be responsible for designing, developing, implementing, and supporting our emerging big data analytics capabilities through the development and maintenance of advanced data ingestion, processing, modeling and reporting capabilities.
· The majority of your day would be spent working with a cross-functional team of developers, business analysts, and quality analysts to specify, design, develop, test, and implement software.
· We’re huge on professional development, and so there’s always a training class, hackathon, or an internal course being offered.
· Have a look at a video by our Engineering department: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeeSn3lzkwc&list=PLwERWsJLXEnEz9j8IwqjUWfqCzQ1SbvGL&index=7
What does the growth potential look like?
· We focus heavily on employee career progression and provide many internal opportunities for upward advancement. A Software Engineer will typically progress to an Intermediate or Senior Software Engineer. There are also opportunities to move into other departments depending on your areas of interest.
· Even if you’re not looking to change jobs, we offer free training on new SW technologies, project management, agile training, leading others, and improving your public speaking / presentation skills to name a few.
What qualifications do you look for?
· Significant experience building and working with systems processing large amounts of data in Real Time or Near Real Time.
· Java Development experience is a must
· Experience with Spark, Flink, DataBricks and/or similar tools.
· Experience with SQL and SQL-like languages
· Experience on back-end data infrastructure in cloud with tools like Databricks, Azure Synapse, AWS EMR, GCP Cloud Dataflow, etc.
· We also really like candidates that have a good understanding of Enterprise Design patterns.
· Bonus points if you have hands-on experience with relational databases.
· For the education requirements, we’re looking to hire someone with a Degree in Computer/Software Engineering.
It is the policy of PointClickCare to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, national origin, status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law. PointClickCare welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org should you require any accommodations.
PointClickCare is committed to Information Security. By applying to this position, if hired, you commit to following our information security policies and procedures and making every effort to secure confidential and/or sensitive information.