Maybe you’ve stopped by for a coffee, fueled up your car or grabbed something to eat on the go. Then you know what Circle K is all about. Making everyday life easier for people all over the world. We’ve grown into a successful global company with over 15,000 stores in 24 countries, serving more than 6 million customers each day. In all, we have more than 120,000 people working at our stores and support offices.
To support our future growth ambitions, we are building a global data platform and machine learning solutions. We are currently looking for an experienced Sr. Software Engineer to join our Data & Analytics Engineering team in the Global Technology Department. For the right candidate, Circle K can offer a challenging and rewarding role in a talented, multinational and diverse team.
- Work on a modern Azure Cloud data platform to support custom built, end-to-end AI/ML solution
- Lead a small team of engineers responsible for developing & maintaining the application
- Partner with Data Science team to productize data science algorithms into analytical software
- Partner with Data Engineering team to onboard any new data required for analytical models
Required Skills And Experience
- 5+ years of professional experience in Software & Data Engineering (prior exposure to ML technologies will be beneficial)
- Hands-on distributed system engineering & Data engineering experience - Data pipelines, Data warehousing, big data, Spark, & SparkSQL
- Advanced experience in Python
- Hands-on experience with Azure Cloud technologies:
- Containerized application deployments (Docker, Azure Kubernetes Service, Azure Container Instances)
- Storage (Blob Storage, Tables, Queues, ADLS2)
- Event services (Azure Event Hub, Event Grid)
- Logic Apps & Azure Functions
- Azure DevOps
- Azure Databricks (or else Spark environment)
- Experience working in agile methodologies (Scaled Agile, Scrum)
- Git version control
- Agile mindset and willingness to learn new tools
- Fluent English (all project communication in English)
Nice to have:
- Experience with R and SparkR
- Experience in JIRA and Confluence
- Experience in Terraform
- Experience with Snowflake
We know great companies are built from within, by great people like you. Come grow with us! We´re looking forward to reviewing your application.
Circle K is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (the ADA) and all state and local disability laws. Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to a reasonable accommodation under the terms of the ADA and certain state or local laws as long as it does not impose an undue hardship on the Company. Please inform the Company’s Human Resources Representative if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process.
Click below to review information about our company's use of the federal E-Verify program to check work eligibility: