Sr. Site Reliability Engineer, Databases
City : Brampton, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Technology
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
Does working with some of Canada’s most versatile minds in innovation supporting retail, digital consumer solutions and analytical platforms excite you? Loblaw Technology & Analytics powers ground-breaking retail solutions, giving our customers the ability to live their lives well.
Come work with a team that values diverse ideas, prioritizes a culture of inclusion, and develops our talent from within. Loblaw Technology & Analytics gives you the chance to excel and helps you to strive for success in a big way. Keep reading to learn more!
Sr. Site Reliability Engineer-Databases, Brampton, ON
In this role, you will join a team of self-motivated and well-respected database and cloud computing authorities, driving the strategic direction of Loblaw Technology. As a Sr. SRE, you will be required to recommend database technologies, performance improvements, automation tools and DBAAS/PAAS advantages for business requirements. Ideally, you have been a Sr. Database Architect with knowledge across multiple DB platforms such as Oracle/MySQL/Postgres among others and have had experience with a Cloud Computing DevOps/Automation role recently in your career.
As the Sr. SRE-Database in the Technology Platform team, you will have the opportunity to....
- Design new features, automate deployments, aid in architectural design. You will collaborate with diverse agile teams (i.e., Infrastructure, Information Security, System/Application Development Teams, and external partners/vendors) to assist with the implementation of new innovative features
- Maintain our agile technology delivery by performing code reviews, improving test coverage, automation, and database stability.
- Resolve efficient configurations for different database technologies and secure connections. I.e., Configure, tune, and address multi-tiered systems to achieve optimal application performance, stability, and availability
- Develop a highly engaged team by being an inclusive coach, mentor, and role model for all team members to help grow and promote our diverse talent pool.
What you Bring:
- Confirmed expertise with various Database platforms.
- Knowledge of Oracle, MS SQLSERVER, MYSQL and POSTGRESQL.
- Success in delivering high availability solutions on-prem and cloud based.
- Real world experience with the principles of ITIL Incident Management, Problem Management and Organizational Change.
- A blend of both Development and SRE mentality (i.e., software and infrastructure)
- Acceptance to adapt to new technology developments.
What Loblaw Offers You
We offer flexibility and balance, and an environment that sets you up for success no matter where your workspace is located.
Here, you will find an extraordinary team to help you achieve your goals as you help us achieve ours! Work in our fast-paced, exciting Technology environment, helping our stores, colleagues, and customers every day.
Loblaw colleagues also enjoy:
- Work Perks Program
- On-site GoodLife Fitness, Basketball & Volleyball courts, Ice Rink, Groceries delivered to work via PC Express, Dry-Cleaning services (1PCC Office)
- Tuition Reimbursement & Online Learning
- Pension & Benefits
- Paid Vacation
If you’re up to the challenge, then we would love to hear from you. Apply today, and get the process started.
At Loblaw, we respect the environment, source products with integrity and make a positive difference in the community. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers.
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the environment we create in our organization. At Loblaw, we celebrate diversity where differences are valued and supported. Commitment to being an equal opportunity employer is a priority to us, and we encourage people from all backgrounds and identities to apply to our jobs.
Accommodation in the recruitment, assessment, and hiring process is available upon request for applicants with disabilities.
We thank all candidates for their interest but please note, those candidates who meet the minimum requirements for the position will be contacted.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.