Sr. Quality Engineer – Hybrid Halifax – #CSTech
City : HALIFAX, Nova Scotia, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
The RBC Team is hiring for Quality Engineer role within Risk IT Team. As a Quality Engineer you provide support for a suite of business mission-critical and complex applications, understanding both front and back-end of the applications. The technology platform spans the breadth of Windows and Linux platforms, Python / Java environments and Big data/Hadoop platforms.
What will you do?
- Create test plans, test cases and test scripts based on complex requirement documents and business User Stories
- Develop and maintain automated test suites using test automation tools
- Execute test cases (manual/automated) document test results and raise defects whenever necessary.
- Be responsible for component or end-to-end tracking of issues, as required
- Work with JIRA, Confluence, HP ALM, qTest for test case management, defect management, test reporting and other functions
- Participate in defect triage and Scrum meetings
- Test new technologies and system functionality to ensure business acceptance, user acceptance and system integration
- Effectively collaborate with team members, stakeholders and business partners from initiation to close by using strong communication, rapport building and other stakeholder management techniques
- Continually enhance your own skills and build knowledge in all aspects of the organization, the business and information systems.
What do you need to succeed?
- Good knowledge of QE Processes, Testing Life Cycle, SDLC and Defect Management processes for application testing, development and support
- Knowledge of Testing Methodologies and Design techniques with hands on experience on ALM, JIRA and Confluence.
- Strong problem solving, design, and analytical skills and out of the box thinking coming up with creative solutions on testing approach in critical timelines.
- Experience in a variety of test automation frameworks/tools e.g., (Robot Framework, SoapUI or ReadyAPI, Postman, Selenium, JMeter, UFT/Lean UFT/RestAssured/, TestNG) and development languages (e.g.Python, Java, etc.)
- Experience with Unix/Linux environments
- Knowledge of CI/CD and Devops Tools such as Jenkins, GIT, Docker, UCD etc
- Experience working with SQL; experience with Hadoop testing
- Knowledge of industry practices with focus on Agile, DevOps, environments and test integration.
- Hands-on experience in developing testing strategies, executing manual/automated test cases and reporting to senior management for complex multi-application system integrations.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a QA/test environment with a focus on technical, automated testing in a variety of environments (cloud, distributed and mainframe, business workflows and services/APIs, databases).
- Excellent communication skills and effective negotiation skills.
- Computer Engineering, Computer Science degree/diploma or equivalent experience
- QA related certification. E.g. ISTQB, Agile testing, Mobile Testing etc.
- Experience with Iterative Waterfall and Agile Project Methodologies.
- BDD experience, and related Tech skills like Cucumber, Gherkin
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including great benefits, annual incentive program and recognition
- Leaders who support your development
- A dynamic, collaborative, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to do challenging work and grow your career
- Work-life integration
- Positive work culture emphasizing diversity and inclusion, volunteerism and community involvement
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.