Sr. Project Controls Specialist
City : Edmonton
Industry : Materials & Construction
Employer : Stantec
Sr. Project Controls Specialist - ( 230003FF )
Many of the world’s top engineers and scientists come together in our Water business because they view a community’s interaction with water a bit differently—as a single holistic system, rather than unconnected networks divided by jurisdictional boundaries. Working throughout the hydrologic cycle, we are delivering sustainable solutions to make sure water is where it should be and available when needed. Our experts guide our work with scientific rigor, an innovative spirit, and a vision for growth. Every day, we help communities improve, reuse, and protect this precious resource for future generations. By 2025 we’re hiring 2,000 people (like you) to join our team. Grow with us, H2O+U.
The successful performance of a project depends on appropriate planning and execution. Project Controls is responsible for project metrics such as time, cost, and resources as well as project revenue and cash flow. Based in Western Canada. this position encompasses the people, processes and tools used to plan, manage, and mitigate cost and schedule issues and risks that may impact a project.
Your Key Responsibilities
- You will develop, manage, and monitor project specific budgets, cash flow projections and forecasts.
- You will support project managers with project billing reports, client invoicing, budget tracking, etc.
- You will evaluate and update data regarding resource requirements, deliverables and earned value reports.
- You will support technical teams with tasks related to like proposal/contract & setup documents, document controls, clerical reviews etc.
- You will use basic web based and desktop software to process work orders, data entry, data visualization, etc.
- You will provide clerical support in developing technical documents including reports, presentations, exhibits, drawings, tables, etc.
- You will coordinate and liaise with contractors, vendors, sub-consultants , and also with field crews and assign scheduling.
- You will assist with purchasing/procurement coordination, confer with project managers to determine project details such as plan preparation, project implantation and scheduling.
- You will arrange, coordinate and facilitate meetings in conjunction with your team and project managers
- You will create, track and format submissions, proposals and bids
- You will adhere to professional standards, ethics and quality procedures
- You have strong time management skills with an ability to adapt to different situations and organize priorities independently.
Your Capabilities and Credentials
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Attention to detail and good record keeping of reviews
- Ability to participate and collaborate in a project team setting and to engage in creative and critical thought
- Ability to work and excel in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Develops rapport and trust with others
- Conscientious, organized, and disciplined.
- Ability to prioritize workloads to meet deadlines & work well under pressure
Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Project Management or Construction Management.
- Experience: 8-10 years of related project controls, project coordination/ management experience
- Previous experience working with engineering or other professional services preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and project management software
Typical office environment working with computers and remaining sedentary for long periods of time.
This description is not a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required of the employee and other duties, responsibilities and activities may be assigned or may be changed at any time with or without notice.
Stantec is a place where the best and brightest come to build on each other’s talents, do exciting work, and make an impact on the world around us. Join us and redefine your personal best.The experience will forever shape your future. #FeelingEnergized
Benefits Summary: Full-time and part-time employees will have access to health, dental, and vision plans, a well-being program, health care spending account, wellness spending accounts, group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, group tax-free savings account, life and accidental death & dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, short-term/long-term disability plans, emergency travel benefits, tuition reimbursement, professional membership fee coverage, and paid time off.
Temporary/casual employees will have access to group registered retirement savings plan, employee stock purchase program, and group tax-free savings account.
Primary Location : Canada-Alberta-Calgary
Other Locations : Canada-British Columbia-Burnaby, Canada-Alberta-Edmonton
Work Locations :
Organization : BC-1269 Water-CA Delivery
Employee Status : Regular
Job Level : Individual Contributor
Travel : No
Schedule : Full-time
Job Posting : Aug 22, 2023, 8:58:43 AM
Req ID: 230003FF
Stantec provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified employees and applicants for future and current employment and prohibit discrimination on the grounds of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression. We prohibit discrimination in decisions concerning recruitment, hiring, referral, promotion, compensation, fringe benefits, job training, terminations or any other condition of employment. Stantec is in compliance with local, state and federal laws and regulations and ensures equitable opportunities in all aspects of employment. EEO including Disability/Protected Veterans