Sr Program Manager
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
Sr. Program Manager
What is the opportunity?
Sr. Program Manager oversees the successful running of an organization’s programs. A Sr. Program Manager’s main responsibilities include daily governance of programs to ensure tasks are kept on schedule, managing budgets, and maintaining communication with all program stakeholders.
Responsible for the operational management of an organization’s programs including planning, budgeting, and allocating work. Within a business, the Sr. Program Manager will determine how their specific program is performing and how it can be improved.
What do you need to succeed?
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Work proactively with little supervision
Flexible and adaptive to a frequently changing environment
Taking and giving constructive feedback
Strong project management, leadership, and organizational skills
Close attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
What will you do?
- Authorization of different programs based on their mandates and RBC’ welfare.
- Appointing officials such as senior responsible owner to represent and look out for the welfare of the sponsor.
- Resolving issues that may arise among team members and strategic issues that may need the attention of senior managers.
- Showing support to the program and the mandated team. This support must be expressed through action.
- Reporting to other stakeholders and confirming the successful completion of given programs.
- Identifying opportunities that are worth channeling team efforts to help in the achievement of a series of projects.
- Working closely with the communication and management team to increase program awareness among the different stakeholders.
- Coordinating with cross-discipline team members to make sure that all parties are on track with project requirements, deadlines, and schedules.
- Meeting with project team members to identify and resolve issues.
- Submitting project deliverables and ensuring that they adhere to quality standards.
- Preparing status reports by gathering, analyzing, and summarizing relevant information.
- Establishing effective project communication plans and ensuring their execution.
- Facilitating change requests to ensure that all parties are informed of the impacts on schedule and budget.
- Coordinating the development of user manuals, training materials, and other documents as needed to enable successful implementation and turnover of the process or system to the clients.
- Identifying and developing new opportunities with clients.
- Obtaining stakeholders acceptance of project deliverables.
- Managing customer satisfaction within the project transition period.
- Conducting post-project evaluation and identifying successful and unsuccessful project elements.
- ERP project oversight.
- Ensuring the accuracy and timeliness of all information entered into production scheduling and problem management systems.
- Must have:
Candidate should have a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant topic to the industry they will be working in. Ideal candidates will have also obtained the Project Management Professional (PMP) certification and/or industry-relevant certifications.
Nice to have:
Professional designation or certification in business continuity management
Experience interfacing with Regulators in multi-jurisdictions
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
A world-class training program in financial services
Flexible work/life balance options
Opportunities to do challenging work
Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Opportunities to building close relationships with clients
Access to a variety of job opportunities across business and geographies
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.