Sr Mgr, Marketing, The Source-Temporary
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Marketing & Communications
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 411460
At The Source, we believe that the right tech makes all the difference and exist to help Canadians discover the endless possibilities of tech. We carry the latest tech, offer advice across all categories and networks, and put our customers first to ensure they find the right tech for them.
Every day our Associates across the country help Canadians find the tech they want and need. The Source is a great place to work and we are committed to your development through best in class training programs that help you do your best. Behind our in-store Associates is a supporting team of professionals who curate our product assortment, ensure on-time deliveries, create engaging marketing campaigns and help keep our systems running at peak capacity.
We are passionate about what we do and look for individuals with their own passion, curiosity and genuine helpfulness to join us!
The Senior Marketing Manager, Demand Generation (Media) will be an integral member of The Source’s Growth Marketing team, which brings customer insight, data and technology together to drive omni-channel business growth and profitable customer relationships. As Senior Marketing Manager, Demand Generation, you will define the holistic media strategies to drive brand awareness, consumer electronics revenue & subscription leads. This role is accountable for planning, execution, measurement & optimization of full-funnel media strategies, including paid search, local search, affiliate channels and new tactics to drive customers online & in-store.
We’re looking for a data- and audience-driven marketer who enjoys challenging the status quo, building strategic partnerships, and creatively improving media effectiveness & efficiency, while being comfortable operating within imperfect data. This candidate should 1) have deep experience in driving strategy and execution across traditional and digital media, 2) an understanding of how to influence multiple sources of traffic on a highly active ecommerce website and balance omni traffic needs, 3) have managed complex internal & agency relationships and 4) have overseen large budgets and programs that exceeded ROI targets across multiple platforms.
Location: This role can be located in Toronto, Mississauga or Barrie. It is a Hybrid role, 3 days/week in-office.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, full-funnel media strategy designed to raise brand awareness, drive quality traffic, deliver online & in-store sales, and foster brand loyalty
- Manage the delivery of advertising initiatives and campaigns across traditional and digital media. Channels include digital video, social, display, SEM, local search, affiliates, TV, radio
- Manage always-on digital media including SEM & local listings, with internal and agency support
- Analyze campaign performance on daily, weekly & monthly basis; share and present clear paid media insights, takeaways and future optimizations to drive growth for the business
- Collaborate closely with internal Brand, Campaign, eCommerce & Merchandising teams
- Support campaign & process optimization for enhanced campaign efficiency. Make informed decisions around targeting, platforms, creative formats, and budget allocation
- Manage media agencies, ensuring operational excellence in campaign planning, optimization, testing, and expansion while driving agency to be proactive, creative, and efficient
- Develop forecasts and ad-hoc projections for spend, revenue and ROI
- Develop a comprehensive reporting framework to gain advanced insights into the effectiveness of each media platform, individually and holistically.
- Drive continuous improvement through implementation of new and creative ideas; develop a robust test and learn plan
- 8+ years of experience working in media, across all channels (incl. search, social, programmatic, video, TV, radio). Either agency or client side
- 3+ years’ experience as a people leader, hiring and developing talent
- Experience managing media for an omnichannel retail business with physical locations and strong digital ecommerce channel
- Understanding of digital acquisition and search ecosystem and emerging channels (ie: SEM, SEO, local search, and digital content, Google, Bing, visual, voice)
- Strong understanding of media performance measurement (ie: MMM) and web analytics platforms (ie: GA)
- Proven experience driving efficient CPCs, impression share, ROAS, with real-time campaign optimization
- Strong cross-functional management skills, comfortable managing and communicating with multiple international stakeholders
- Comfortable having marketing technology conversations with implementation teams
- Strong analytical toolkit. Comfortable gathering and digesting data and drawing insights from large data sets across various media platforms.
- Thought Leadership on innovation and emerging media
- Strong attention to detail and disciplined project management, including tracking, tagging, spend allocation, budget optimization
- Curious. Loves to capitalize on new growth opportunities to scale businesses through a curious, audience-first and data-driven approach
- Proactive and resourceful attitude, independently taking initiative and leadership
Position Type: Management
Job Location: Canada : Ontario : Toronto || Canada : Ontario : Barrie || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Application Deadline: 05/31/2023
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
As Canada's favourite tech retailer you have the opportunity to work close to home - and we're also proud to offer a competitive compensation package that includes an extensive recognition and rewards program, career development opportunities, multi-faceted training programs, competitive medical and dental benefits, charity and volunteer opportunities and of course, associate discounts!
The Source celebrates and embraces diversity as part of our culture. We strive to be an inclusive, equitable and accessible environment that supports both our internal and external customers, ensuring everyone feels valued and respected. Accommodations are available on request for all candidates taking part in any aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements.