Sr Mgr Comms – Quebec
City : Montreal, QC, CA; Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Corporate Communication
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
We are committed to connecting Canadians through unique partnerships, our world-class network and content Canadians love—and our innovative team is growing. We are looking for dedicated team members to join our Corporate team who have a genuine passion for making positive impacts on customers and the communities where we live and work. We have a variety of business units with exciting and meaningful work waiting for you, including Communications, HR, Legal and Corporate Affairs, Supply Chain, Finance, and Real Estate. If you are considering your next step, we have exciting opportunities waiting for you. Come build a rewarding career at Rogers and be a driving force behind our success story!
We are looking for a driven and dynamic strategic communications professional to join Rogers Brand and Communications team as Senior Manager, Communications in Quebec.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Communications, you will be responsible for managing communications programs to build and protect Rogers reputation in Quebec and support our company priorities in the province.
You are a strong writer and have experience developing messages, news releases, statements, briefs and scripts, and can craft a compelling narrative. You have expertise in working with key stakeholders, media relations and have played a key role in managing issues. You have worked with company leaders to support their media relations opportunities and internal communications programs.
You thrive in a fast-paced, results-driven environment, and able to operate independently and in a complex matrix organization with a sense of urgency.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
- Oversee the day-to-day external communications needs for Quebec.
- Build and execute external communications programs to grow Rogers presence and reputation in Quebec.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with Quebec media and influencers to drive positive coverage across all channels.
- Manage files in support of corporate functions including office of the including plan development, writing communications materials, media relations and stakeholder events as required.
- Proactively manage issues and crises to protect Rogers reputation in Quebec.
- Write communications materials including messages, news releases, statements, briefs and scripts.
- Execute internal communications to support key leaders in Quebec and engage their teams through managing townhalls and forums, developing messaging, briefs, presentations, video and digital content.
- Build trusted, collaborative relationships with team members and key internal and external stakeholders.
- 7+ years’ experience working in Corporate Communications.
- Results-driven, creative and collaborative team member who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Exposure and experience in supporting senior leaders in a communications role.
- Ability to build trusted relationships with team members and leaders across large organizations.
- Strong project management and organization skills with a fine attention for the details.
- Experience in telecommunications industry an asset.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 (PPT, Teams, Yammer, OneDrive) and other communications tools
- Bilingual (French/English).
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 800, Gauchetiere O, Bureau 4000-Place Bonaventure - Montreal(182), Montreal, QC
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Communications & Corporate Communication
Requisition ID: 284778
At Rogers, we believe the key to a strong business, is a diverse workforce where equity and inclusion are core to making everyone feel like they belong. We do this by embracing our diversity, celebrating our different perspectives, and working towards creating environments that empower our people to bring their whole selves to work. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential by removing any barriers for equal participation. We work with our candidates who are experiencing a disability throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Recruitment Process FAQ.
Successful candidates will be required to complete a background check as part of the hiring process.
Posting Notes: Corporate