Sr. Manger Trade Marketing
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Marketing Communication
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
Rogers Sports & Media is seeking an exceptional Head of Trade Marketing to join our team of industry leaders. We need someone who is innovative, creative, and engaging to take the reins of this exciting role.
As our Head of Trade Marketing (Sr. Manager), you report directly to the VP of Data, Insights, and Advanced Advertising. You will play a pivotal role in leading organizational change and have the unique opportunity to make a significant impact on our business and its future direction.
As the strategic force behind our marketing efforts, you have a deep understanding of advertising and content and big ideas about how to leverage our media assets to drive revenue growth.
As the ideal candidate, you will be a natural leader, able to inspire and motivate your team to achieve exceptional results. You will ensure that our advertising clients are well served and will work closely with the sales team to meet and exceed RSM’s financial goals. Additionally, you will represent and build the RSM (Rogers Sports and Media) brand in the marketing community, fostering relationships with clients and maximizing the potential of our marketing channels.
Overall, this is an exciting and challenging role that offers a unique opportunity to make a real impact on our business and help shape the future of Rogers Sports & Media. If you are a creative, strategic thinker with a passion for marketing and a proven track record of success, then we encourage you to apply for this exceptional opportunity.
What you will do...
- Leading the B2B marketing team at Rogers Sports & Media, overseeing strategy and execution of large events and other content marketing initiatives that contribute to substantial revenue growth for the company.
- Creating and executing an annual marketing plan that supports sales programs and delivers business objectives and supports sales to ensure alignment with sales objectives and programs.
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to lead projects that are top-priority such as Rogers Sports & Media’s Upfront.
- Working collaboratively with the sales leadership team to ensure shared understanding of objectives and plans.
- Ensuring all RSM sales leaders are equipped with marketing and promotional materials and tactics to achieve their metrics and KPIs.
- Active participation in financial and strategic planning to achieve business objectives.
- Inspiring teammates and demonstrating collaboration and team effectiveness in marketing.
- As a visible leader throughout the organization, you will facilitate change and create a culture of collaboration using data to drive continuous improvement.
- Additionally, you will support and give direction to the Revenue Insights team to create compelling stories to bring to the marketplace.
What you will bring...
- Leadership experience in a marketing team, including brand definition, audience segmentation, planning, execution, attribution, and content management.
- Proven track record in improving and growing innovative, customer-focused, and business-oriented teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with counterparts from various functions/departments while influencing the work of counterparts without direct reporting accountability.
- In-depth understanding of key business KPIs, with a drive for continuous growth, and the ability to solve problems quickly, think creatively, and drive speed-to-market delivery while optimizing outcomes.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and negotiation skills, with the ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical professionals.
- Expertise in multiple areas of the online advertising ecosystem, including digital channels, platforms, and vendors, along with a thought leadership mindset and a deep understanding of emerging technologies, processes, approaches, and competitor offerings.
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets.
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers.
- A team that trusts and wants to win together.
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”.
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: Up to 10%
Posting Category/Function: Marketing & Marketing Communication
Requisition ID: 287540
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media