Sr. Manager, Supply Chain Replenishment
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Supply Chain & Distribution
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants must not apply directly to this role. All referred applicants must use their unique referral link generated when they are referred by an existing colleague.
Location:243 Consumers Road, Toronto, Ontario, M2J 4W8
At Shoppers Drug Mart, we’re innovating health and wellness in Canada. From prescriptions to walk-in clinics, and a beloved loyalty program, we’re caring and supporting our customers in new ways every day.
With more than 1,300 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart network is more than a great place to shop, it’s a great place to work. We’re committed to building our talented team who champion collaboration, kindness and inclusivity. Join our team, and help recognize a healthy future for your career and for all Canadians.
Why this role is important?
Reporting to the Senior Director, Supply Chain Replenishment, the Manager is responsible for managing the product flow for a group of categories to drive fill rates and in-store availability while optimizing working capital into the distribution network. Additionally the Manager will play a lead role in our vendor collaboration program, corporate inbound program and operational planning for our distribution centers.
- Provide leadership, guidance and development to direct and indirect reports.
- Identify, develop and implement supply chain strategies with internal and external partners to drive service level performance to the stores.
- Through analytics and feedback from operational partners, optimize inventory levels to achieve service level goal objectives set for the year.
- Manage and review the Inventory Analysts the various levers within the replenishment system such as: demand history, MAPE, order multiples, seasonal index, etc.
- Ensure promotional purchasing tasks are completed and timelines met so that stores can receive their products on time and properly implement merchandising programs.
- Mitigate obsolete inventory within the distribution network centers by focusing on exit strategies with internal and external partners.
- Develop and maintain a collaborative relationship with suppliers and identifying those that are able to participate in one of the tiered vendor collaboration programs.
- Actively participate in operational planning sessions with distribution and transportation partners to ensure service levels are not compromised during peak volume periods
- Meet with Category Management, Merchandising and Store Operations teams regularly to provide updates and address issues as required.
Skills, Experience & Education
- In depth knowledge of supply chain concepts
- Strong analytical, presentation and computer skills (MS Office)
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to deal with all levels of management
- Ability to operate within an environment of time sensitive deadlines
- +5 years leading a team in an Operational or Supply Chain capacity
- Retail or Mass Merchandise experience preferred
- Sales & Operational planning a definite asset
- Post-secondary education with preferred study in Business, Finance, or Engineering
Why work at Shoppers Drug Mart?
Acting as consultants, supporting internal customers and the Associate-Owners, you will get experience unique to the retail industry while working for an award-winning national brand. Benefit from a purchase discount program, competitive pay and online learning through Academy.
Take ownership of your work and find more ways to care about your work, co-workers, customers and community.
How You’ll Succeed:
At Shoppers Drug Mart Inc., we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
Employment Type:Full time
Type of Role:Regular
Shoppers Drug Mart Inc. recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Please Note: If you have Employee Self Service (ESS) on Workday, apply to this job via the Workday application.