Sr Manager Security Architecture
City : Brampton, ON, CA
Category : Information Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Rogers is seeking a Senior Manager Security Architecture individual to join Information & Cyber Security Unit and accountable for ensuring Rogers various architectures align to various regulatory, governmental and industry security standards and requirements on our service and enterprise networks.
Reporting to the Director Cyber Capabilities and Telcom at the Rogers Brampton Campus, this individual will have the strong leadership qualities & domain expertise and will lead and manage the technical design, development planning, security posture improvement, implementation & roadmap discussions and decisions that enable advanced cyber security protection, monitoring and response capabilities. This person will be working with internal security architecture, engineering, network, operations, telecom security and cyber & classified programs teams, and external vendors and partners.
These Rogers networks are the critical infrastructure delivering Consumer and Business services such as; High Speed Internet, IPTV, Digital TV, Wireless Services, and Enterprise services.
What you will be doing...
- Establish the 3-year security architectural roadmaps.
- Conduct security capability review on critical infrastructures to identify security weakness on these infrastructures.
- Conduct planning exercises with internal Rogers teams to develop pragmatic plans to realize security roadmaps.
- Provide leadership for the definition, development, and oversight of an integrated security architecture and roadmap
- Liaise with various equipment vendors and internal engineering and operations groups to identify security vulnerabilities on critical infrastructure and develop mitigation plans.
- Contribute to annual business plan with clearly articulated justification to progress Rogers security posture.
- Effectively communicate information security risks to a diverse audience from technical staff to senior leaders, to ensure that informed decisions are made, and risks are treated appropriately.
- Build and maintain key relationships with industry experts, technology peers and stakeholders to demonstrate the value and effectiveness of Rogers security.
- Encourage a culture that supports the development of innovative and effective solutions
What you will bring...
- 10+ years of relevant security experience in complex technology environments.
- Undergraduate degree in Engineering, with an emphasis in technology, cyber security, and equivalent.
- Fundamental understanding of 3GPP (2G/3G/4G/5G), DOCSIS, GPON, DWDM, IP, IPTV, Public & Private Cloud, Virtualization and other telecommunication technologies.
- Familiar with security requirements and vulnerabilities of these technologies.
- Advanced knowledge of technology standards (e.g., Infrastructure, Network, Architecture)
- Strong understanding of cybersecurity frameworks & regulatory controls including ISO, NIST, IEC, 3GPP, ITU-T, IETF, SANS, COBIT, PCI, SOX, etc.
- Well-developed leadership, management, and strategic-thinking skills, with the ability to excite and lead others.
- Can direct and manage multiple priorities in high pressure situations
- Effective communication to varying audiences, including senior executives, technology peers, and government officials.
- Able to analyze complex security issues and provide pragmatic options and recommendations.
- Strong business and technical acumen.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams and achieve goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Understanding of OWASP, CVSS, the MITRE ATT&CK frameworks.
- CISSP or CISM is an asset.
Schedule: Full time
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment