Sr Manager – Platform Engineer
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H4A6
Category : Computer Software Engineer, Applications
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 151667
Cost Centre: Global Risk Technology Canada
Employee Referral Program – Potential Reward: $2,000.00
We are committed to investing in our employees and helping you continue your career at Scotiabank.
Global Banking and Markets Engineering (GBME) is the fast-moving, award-winning technology engine that powers Scotiabank’s Corporate, Investment Banking and Global Capital Markets businesses. We are looking for a Sr Manager of Platform Engineering
GBME’s Global Trading & Risk Engineering (GTRE) team is looking for a creative, self starter and detail-oriented Senior Manager, Platform Engineering, to support, stabilize and build out the future environment of our core derivatives trading system.
As a Senior Manager, Platform Engineering, you have the opportunity to lead our initiative to build a scalable high performant platform on which our development teams can construct applications for trading, risk management and compliance.
You’ll be involved in supporting our application team’s software development by building out a platform to automate and accelerate our ability to deploy new applications through a combination of DevOps and integration to Bank standard security and release management systems.
- Take ownership for the overall environment of our flagship in-house PeakXV and lead its DevOps function, leading an initiative to modernize and enhance its existing capabilities.
- Manage environments providing support for the IST/UAT environments and developing a plan to enable developers to launch entire ecosystem within a contained environment on demand.
- Work with 3rd party vendors and existing staff to ensure high-availability and scalability for the platform.
- Develop roadmap to enable platform to support multiple applications considering non-functional requirements such as support, performance maintenance.
- Work with application teams to develop central services for authentication, logging and monitoring compliant with Bank standards to accelerate application teams work.
- Develop plan to migrate platform to cloud provider
The successful candidate will contribute to a culture of continuous improvement and growth, ensuring team members excel with oversight and mentorship, are working on projects at the intersection of interest, skill, and business impact, and have concrete opportunities for growth.
- Hands on DevOps Experience working with Kubernetes and deployment pipelines.
- Experience migrating to the cloud provider, ideally in a corporate setting.
- Experience with UNIX Shell scripting in Sun Solaris/Linux environments
- Proficient with SCM, Build and CI/CD tools such as Git/Github/Bitbucket, Artifactory, Maven, Jenkins.
- Familiar with containers and container orchestration (Docker and Kubernetes)
- 3+ years of experience leading a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to be able to take oral and written business requirements and develop efficient code to meet set deliverables.
- Ability to break down technical information and communicate it to senior non-technical management.
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field.
- Strong programming background, ideally including developing real-time, event-driven applications.
- Must be able to multi-task and work on multiple platforms and multiple projects concurrently.
- Background in Banking and Capital Markets – Nice to have.
What's in it for you?
- We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
- We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences
- You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
- We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (on pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
Note: All postings in me@Scotiabank will remain live for a minimum of 5 days.