Sr. Manager, ITSM Discovery
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Technology | Analytics | Research
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
- Build and maintain excellent stakeholder relationships while advocating best practices for defining CMDB and its alignment with the CSDM data model
- Manage the day-to-day discovery and service mapping activities to maintain data completeness and accuracy of the CMDB
- Engage with application owners/ SMEs to drive service mapping assessments, designs and implementations
- Facilitate demo, review, and sign-off of completed service maps with application owners/ SMEs
- Educate various levels of organization on benefits of service maps and promote adoption
- Resolve incidents and handle escalations; ensure tickets are completed in accordance with established targets
- Communicate technical problems and solutions to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Review and recommend enhancements to the existing configuration management practice, processes and procedures, as well as focus on implementing efficiencies through automation within the CMDB; liaise with the vendor on ServiceNow solutions to enable future enhancement and support
- Coach and mentor the Enterprise ITSM Discovery team to build a high performing team while keeping them focused on business priorities
- Promote and drive team collaboration and maintain team moral.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field along with 7 to 10 years of ServiceNow discovery and service mapping experience; 2 to 5 years of people management experience
- Experience in implementing and maintaining auto discovery and service maps in a complex fast paced IT environment with a global footprint; experience must include the successful completion of all the auto discovery and service mapping related activities such as debugging patterns and probes, troubleshooting logs to resolve errors, creating new patterns to map required services, and modifying existing patterns to fit the organization’s configuration
- Strong understanding of CSDM
- General technical knowledge of various IT systems (servers, load balancers, network, firewall, virtual environments, cloud, mainframe, databases, middleware, end user computing, etc.)
- Ability to direct a team towards a cohesive set of strategic objectives and maintain efficient timelines in the completion of tasks
- Demonstrated leadership and management skills in a collaborative environment
- Ability to balance multiple tasks with changing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality and handle sensitive matters with discretion
- Effective communication and interaction with direct reports, colleagues and users/stakeholders, and the ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization; strong presentation skills
- Possess a holistic view across the Service Management disciplines
Nice to Have
- ITIL 4 Foundation Certified
- ServiceNow Certified System Administrator
- ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist – Service Mapping
- Experience with implementing CMDB and onboarding/ configuring new CI types and CI attributes
- Experience with building integrations between CMDB and sources of truth
**Hybrid (min 2 days / week on site)**
The Senior Manager, ITSM Discovery will be significant in resolving complex discovery and service mapping issues, play a key role in driving continual service improvement and optimizing processes through automation. This role will contribute to strategy as well as tactical activities to mature the CMDB to meet long-term objectives.
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.