Sr. Manager, HR Insights and People Analytics – GHR Services
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : Human Resources Manager
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 168198
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
Responsible for leading/managing various initiatives/insight requests related to people analytics that support talent, risk oversight, employer of choice, strategic workforce planning strategic initiatives. This role acts a subject matter expert providing guidance, consultation, in the identification of external/internal drivers, trends, and proactive opportunities to elevate the HR analytics function of the Bank..
- Leads the execution of people analytics initiatives/projects acting as a subject matter expert and representing Global HR with external academic partners and internal analytics experts to improve workforce data driven skills.
- Represents HR, acting as the primary subject matter during the design and rollout of companywide people analytics solutions and strategic HR insight related projects (e.g. advanced analytics use cases, workforce planning)
- Proactively consults with HR leadership, HR business partners and business leaders to understand their business and provides subject matter expertise to : a) identify key concerns and opportunities to be addressed through HR Insights and reporting; b) create plan/priority alignment to ensure projects/programs objectives are achieved.
- Drives thought leadership to influence GHR and the business to use fact-based solutions and data analysis to help influence changes to operations, process or programs; and, champions movement with HR Reporting to an organizational 'Lead with Data' mindset.
- Performs data analysis for bank wide HR data requests, including Key Risk indicators, Employer of Choice awards, Corporate Social Responsibility, Annual Reports, and any regulatory related reporting.
- Partners with HR partners/stakeholders to maintain a deep understanding of all GHR priorities, opportunities and challenges, to define the development of HR insights and related reporting requirements.
- Develops ongoing relationships with external partners and industry peers to maintain awareness of HR analytics and insights best practices and trends, assessing and designing the Bank’s HR data strategy, plan and roadmap.
- Builds analytical capability of HR business partners through guidance, consultation, and training as the expert on the selection of appropriate tools, the identification of drivers, trends, and proactive opportunities from the data.
- Partners with team members across the Bank (COEs, Business HR, Finance, Compliance, Audit, enterprise productivity) to pilot data solutions that support business strategy.
- Drive analytics maturity through continuous improvement in data quality, data management practices, and standard tools and capabilities.
- Understands how the Bank’s risk appetite and risk culture should be considered in day-to-day activities and decisions
- Creates an environment in which his/her team pursues effective and efficient operations of his/her respective areas, while ensuring the adequacy, adherence to and effectiveness of day-to-day business controls to meet obligations with respect to operational risk, regulatory compliance risk, AML/ATF risk and conduct risk, including but not limited to responsibilities under the Operational Risk Management Framework, Regulatory Compliance Risk Management Framework, AML/ATF Global Handbook and the Guidelines for Business Conduct
Experience / Education:
- Post-secondary Degree or Masters in Human Resources or Business or related field
- CHRL designation required
- Extensive experience in Human Resources
- Deep understanding and knowledge of Bank policies and procedures
- Strong knowledge of Organizational structure and complexity
- Deep expertise in HR Strategy and a strong understanding across all areas of HR
- Ability to advise and produce thought leadership on key HR challenges, and opportunities
- Drives innovative solutions that create value for HR partners
- Ability to think strategically and cultivate networks and relationships
- Ability to translate strategy into actionable plans and results
- Champions the execution of HR strategy and influence others
- Understanding of key business drivers and context of external environment
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.