Sr. Manager Engineering, PSG (16 month contract)
City : Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Category : Full time
Industry : Public Services/Utilities
Employer : Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Why you’ll love working here:
high-performance, people-focused culture
our commitment that equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental to our work environment and business success, which helps employees feel valued and empowered to be their authentic selves
learning and development initiatives, including workshops, Speaker Series events and access to LinkedIn Learning, that support employees’ career growth
membership in HOOPP’s world class defined benefit pension plan, which can serve as an important part of your retirement security
competitive, 100% company-paid extended health and dental benefits for permanent employees, including coverage supporting our team's diversity and mental health (e.g., gender affirmation, fertility and drug treatment, psychological support benefits of $2,500 per year, and newly extended maternity/parental leave top of 26 weeks)
optional post-retirement health and dental benefits subsidized at 50%
yoga classes, meditation workshops, nutritional consultations, and wellness seminars
access to an annual wellness reimbursement program for health and wellness-related expenses for permanent and temporary employees
the opportunity to make a difference and help take care of those who care for us, by providing a financially secure retirement for Ontario healthcare workers
- The role will be accountable to provide direction and leadership for a team of developers and/or data engineers that develop custom products and/or managed services that directly support the objectives of business partner groups across pension operations and member services. The role will provide performance management, coaching, and skills development for agile software developers and/or data engineers to ensure delivery to objectives of the the Pension Solutions Group and its stakeholders. In partnership with the Product management team, it ensures the products/service features and enhancements achieve the desired business and technological outcomes. It also collaborates the Senior Director, Pension Application Development, and other technology leaders alignment to the business and technology group's strategy and roadmap.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Leads the team in the design, development, testing, deploying, maintainence and optimization of a set of product and managed service technologies that support businesses.
- Leads a software development with coaching, performance management, and skill development, leading by example and demonstrating HOOPP’s Core Values on a consistent basis
- Partners with Pension Application Development leadership and other business product stakeholders to ensure the proper gathering of business requirements that enable translation into functional and technical specifications
- Accountable for ensuring developer team achieves product/service business objectives (e.g. OKRs)
- Accountable for maintain PSG’s PAD team Application inventory
- Supports Pension Application Development leadership in the planning/estimating work efforts and prioritization of product/service backlogs for the product team to ensure the achievement of business outcomes and group/team OKRs.
- Collaborates with other portfolio and PSG-wide technology leads and architects to deliver strategic projects, feature implementations and integrations with other key technologies across the PSG. Leads change through effective communication and meaningful coaching.
- Accountable for the quality and continuous improvement of the team’s products/services
- Contributes to the corporate knowledge management related to the product technology
- Accountable for integrated product team health, communication, and operational excellence and ensures Scrum Master role is fulfilled on the team.
- Encourages and advocates for a product team culture that empowers staff to voice their opinions, raise recommendations, challenge the status quo, and create innovation for our business
Skills and Abilities
- Strong interpersonal skills; equally comfortable and effective communicating with users, other technical teams and business leaders
- Effective negotiation and influencing skills with ability to influence software developers, senior leaders, and 3rd party vendors
- Strong Emotional Intelligence and People Leadership skills
- Experience in building Teams as well as implementing Agile Scrum development environment is a must
- Comprehensive understanding of Front, Middle and Back Office workflows
- Experience with Cloud PaaS development and deployment, Azure preferred
- High level of expertise in DevOps and Lean for Software Development
- A strong sense of customer focus with 5+ years implementing customer support strategies in a multiple product environment
- Experience leading large/strategic projects
- Effective communication skills in English both written and verbal
- Experience on Telus Health Pension platform an asset