Sr Manager, Cloud
City : Montreal, Quebec
Category : Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
As the largest high-tech team in Canada, Network and Technology Services builds cutting edge fibre and 5G networks that drive how Canadians connect with each other and the world! Our team is at the forefront of developing Bell’s leading products and services: Fibe TV and Internet, Wireless, Smart Home, cloud, security and IoT. We enable the delivery of the best content from Crave, TSN/RDS, iHeart Radio and dozens of other leading media properties to our customers any time, on any device.
About the Team
• Define and embody our vision to guide the team through their decisions
• Contribute to the strategy with the architects by being the voice of the business
• Challenge the status quo and look for industry trends to keep our product relevant through it’s lifecycle
• Partner with external companies to build the best product, with client satisfaction as the top priority
• Set SMART objectives to allow the team to deliver based on the executive strategic plan
• Support the team by developing a self-organized DevOps team that foster continuous improvement
• Build a trusting and safe environment where problems can be raised without fear of blame, retribution, or being judged, with an emphasis on problem solving.
• Teach, develop and coach team members individually, based on where they are today and where they want to go
• Plan, monitor and adjust the team’s 3year budget (Capex & Opex)
• Contribute to the success of the team by performing various administrative tasks as needed
• University degree in business, computer science, or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Extensive and demonstrated senior level IT/Network Architecture experience, coupled with Enterprise Architecture experience
• Broad knowledge of business process including disaster recovery, business continuity and risk management.
• Proven ability to communicate and influence at all levels to obtain consensus
• Excellent ability in facilitation, conflict resolution, continual improvement, empowerment, and increasing transparency
• Strong decision-making skills with the ability to influence and challenge decisions when necessary
• Understanding of project management concepts
• Ability to build relationships and work effectively with internal players and vendors
• Must be autonomous and self-motivated
• Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills,
• Ability to work well under pressure and on tight timelines while efficiently balancing priorities
• Product owner, Scrum Master and/or Lean master knowledge
• Knowledge and/or experience with Agile techniques: User Stories, ATDD, TDD, Continuous Integration, Continuous Testing, Pairing, Automated Testing, Agile Games, Kanban
• Applicable knowledge of the IT/network technologies
• Previous experience as a team lead
• Knowledge of Kubernetes, Openshift, core mobility components, CaaS and PaaS
• Actual relationship with major partners (Red Hat, Ericsson, Nokia)
• Bilingualism (English/French)
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Quebec : Montreal || Canada : Ontario : Mississauga
Flexible work profile: Mobile
Application Deadline: 01/30/2023
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or firstname.lastname@example.org to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at email@example.com.
Created: Canada, QC, Montreal
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.