Sr. Manager – Cash Management
City : Toronto, ON, CA, M5H1H1
Category : IT Business Analysts
Industry : Finance
Employer : Scotiabank
Requisition ID: 176115
Join a purpose driven winning team, committed to results, in an inclusive and high-performing culture.
The GRT- Liquidity Risk and Stress Testing team is a crucial part of the Global Banking & Markets Engineering team. This is an opportunity to work in the Capital markets and Fixed Income Line of Business.
You will get the chance to contribute to the success of the bank’s Risk Management, Group Treasury, Regulatory & Compliance groups by working with Business and technology teams to generate technology solutions. You will need to understand the business objectives required for each reporting stream to create proper solutions within the overall guidelines of the Liquidity Risk technology stack.
You will be leading a small to medium sized BA team and be responsible for bridging the Group Treasury data requirements for regulatory reporting back to upstream wholesale and retail banking systems. You will also be responsible for directly/indirectly automating existing manual processes in order to help streamline the existing process flow.
The successful candidate must be a dedicated self-starter with a combination of strong analytical and management skills to be able to drive project and production deliverables. The individual must thrive on challenges, be proactive, demonstrate initiative, and be able to clearly articulate solutions and communicate with key stakeholders.
• Be able to provide support for new and existing processes.
• Be a Subject Matter Expert on various regulatory reporting requirements and how that translate back into the wholesale and retail banking data.
• Conduct periodic reviews of internal processes and controls to identify opportunities for process improvement and methodology enhancements.
• Resolve complex problems to meet business needs, provide recommendations on the designs and methodologies, system solutions.
• As part of the team, identify and lead strategic improvements to our systems and processes.
• Document processes as part of the technology build
• Administer and manage a team to drive change
• Periodic off hours support may be required.
• Knowledge of LCR/NCCF and other Reports for Regulatory Reporting for multiple regions desired.
• 4+ years of BA experience or Liquidity risk management experience.
• 2+ years of experience managing a team.
• Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines, perform well under pressure, and change priorities as needed.
• Ability to model data would be an asset.
• Knowledge of Postgres, SQL Server or Oracle databases is an asset.
• Experience in reading and understanding application software code, such as Python, Java or C would be an asset.
• Experience working with Kafka, Spark, Hadoop, Linux, Elastic Search is an asset.
What's in it for you?
• We have an inclusive and collaborative working environment that encourages creativity, curiosity, and celebrates success!
• We provide you with the tools and technology needed to create beautiful customer experiences.
• You'll get to work with and learn from diverse industry leaders, who have hailed from top technology companies around the world
• Onsite cafeteria.
• Dress codes don't apply here, being comfortable does.
• We offer a competitive total rewards package that includes a base salary, a performance bonus, company matching programs (pension & profit sharing), generous vacation, personal & sick days, personal development funding, maternity leave top-up, parental leave and much more.
Location(s): Canada : Ontario : Toronto
Scotiabank is a leading bank in the Americas. Guided by our purpose: "for every future", we help our customers, their families and their communities achieve success through a broad range of advice, products and services, including personal and commercial banking, wealth management and private banking, corporate and investment banking, and capital markets.
At Scotiabank, we value the unique skills and experiences each individual brings to the Bank, and are committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible environment for everyone. If you require accommodation (including, but not limited to, an accessible interview site, alternate format documents, ASL Interpreter, or Assistive Technology) during the recruitment and selection process, please let our Recruitment team know. If you require technical assistance, please click here. Candidates must apply directly online to be considered for this role. We thank all applicants for their interest in a career at Scotiabank; however, only those candidates who are selected for an interview will be contacted.