Sr. Financial Analyst – Talent Pool
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Accounting
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Our Rogers Finance team is at the core of our organization, supporting all of our projects across every line of business. By providing financial support and guidance, our teams rely on our Finance partners to help make strategic, data-driven decisions that will have an impact on our growth and profitability for years to come.
Our Finance team is growing and is looking for like-minded thinkers who are passionate about telling stories through numbers to help take our investments in innovation to the next step. In turn, our Finance team is also committed to the growth and development of their team members. We offer advanced learning through Rogers Finance Transformation, support our colleagues in maintaining their professional designations, and offer a challenging work environment with fulfilling results to help balance both financial and business acumen.
Your journey is filled with limitless possibilities, Let’s make your possible.
We are currently looking to build our talent pool for a Senior Financial Analyst. In this role, you will play a pivotal role in driving the financial planning, analysis, and reporting functions within our organization. You will work closely with cross-functional teams, including finance, operations, and senior management, to provide valuable insights and recommendations to enhance our financial performance. Your expertise in financial modelling, forecasting, and data analysis will be crucial in identifying trends, risks, and opportunities to support informed decision-making.
What you'll do:
• Support the financial operations of the business through the preparation and review of month-end journal entries, forecasts, and budgets.
• Provide commentary on financial results and key business indicators and drive continuous improvement within the finance team.
• Participate in the organization's strategic planning process and maintain an understanding of industry trends, key business/cost drivers, and accounting policies.
• Develop and prepare weekly scorecard reporting for use by management and provide visibility into financial performance and operational measures through the preparation of monthly reporting packages.
• Conduct analysis on revenue trends, prepare month-end variance analysis and commentaries versus budget and forecasts, and identify risks and opportunities.
• Collaborate with key business partners and finance leadership teams, and communicate key trends, observations, and business impacts.
• Assist in business case development, financial modelling, and decision-making in support of strategic initiatives.
What you'll have:
• A University degree in a business-related field (Accounting or Finance preferred), with a professional accounting designation (CPA/CGA/CA/CMA) or MBA.
• 3-5 years of progressive financial experience
• Strong technical accounting skills, with knowledge of IFRS 15 and other relevant standards
• Advanced skills in Access, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Excellent analytical, problem-solving, planning, and organizational skills.
• Comfort and confidence in dealing with senior leadership and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills, with a demonstrated history of engaging with leadership in both business and finance.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and handle competing priorities under short timelines.
• Knowledge of Oracle Financial Systems and Hyperion/Essbase is an asset.
As part of the recruitment process, the selected candidate will be required to complete a background check which includes credit and criminal checks.
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 333 Bloor Street East (012), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Finance & Accounting & Accounting
Requisition ID: 295949
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Corporate