Sr. Financial Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
City : Etobicoke, Canada
Category : Full-Time
Industry : Finance & Accounting
Employer : Mattamy Homes
Etobicoke, Ontario – Hybrid (3 days/week in office)
Mattamy Homes Canada
Finance Department, GTA Urban Division
Senior Manager, FP&A
When it comes to forward-thinking homebuilding and thoughtfully planned communities, Canadians think of Mattamy Homes. And that success is centred on a foundation of great people, because our team is as solid as they come. At Mattamy, we are optimistic, hardworking and supportive. Together we learn and grow as we strive to create a positive impact in the homebuilding industry. Contributing to the Mattamy Way means being surrounded by caring people who encourage you to be exactly who you are. It means your opinion is invited and your contributions count. And it means a career filled with pride, knowing you’re part of an environmentally-conscious, action-oriented organization with big plans for the future. The opportunity to bring the future of living to homeowners based on what Canadians value is exciting – and we’re making it happen.
Learn more about what makes working at Mattamy special and our award-winning culture.
What we offer
The Senior Financial Analyst, FP&A will be an integral member on this journey to accelerate Mattamy’s GTA Urban division’s growth. This is an exciting role responsible for month-end and KPI reporting, and supporting the annual 10-year business plan and quarterly forecasts, as well as driving value-added initiatives across the business. This role will interact with the Shared Service Accounting Team and Corporate FP&A teams. The opportunity is designed for someone that can drive continuous improvement and can play a key role in the translation of our performance into clear messaging for various stakeholders.
What you’ll do
Financial & Management Reporting
- Accountable for the reported financials and GTA Urban reporting package, including the review of information (ensuring the integrity, accuracy, completeness, and timeliness), and clear articulation of variances and drivers of performance.
- Identify and execute process improvement initiatives to improve the flow of information, the accuracy of information and the timeliness of information to Finance.
- Through data led analysis, provide insight to optimize cash flows and project margins.
- Prepare and present the monthly & quarterly financial package to the leadership team, highlighting key variances MTM, vs. Forecasts/Plans, providing updates on revised outlooks and R&O’s.
- Consolidate and summarize reports on performance against business metrics and translate data into actionable insights to Executive Leadership Team and functional areas.
- Partner with business analytics on a journey to drive the design and execution of dashboards (Power BI) to present critical KPI’s in an efficient manner to our business partners, finance, and other decision makers.
- Assist with driving GTA Urban’s analytics journey, process evolution and efficiencies to get to insights faster and easier.
- Support new financial planning and reporting tools/processes in GTA Urban while partnering with the Corporate FP&A teams to ensure alignment with new initiatives.
- Prepare ad hoc reports and analysis requested by Departments, Corporate Office, etc.
Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A)
- Support components of the financial planning process for quarterly forecasts, annual budgeting, and the 10-year strategic plan.
- Work with cross functional teams to obtain financial commitments as required.
- Prepare & develop business analyses, raise key insights and recommendations to support decision making and financial feasibility through profitability, sensitivity analyses and other financial modelling.
- Support the review of the division’s annual Fair Market Value and Post-Acquisition Analytics.
- Work closely with divisional departmental leaders, identify process improvement initiatives to improve the flow of information, the accuracy of information and the timeliness of information to Finance.
What you bring
- University degree in accounting or finance
- CPA designation
- 4+ years of progressive experience in internal and external reporting
- Detail oriented & strong analytical and project management skills required, including a thorough understanding of how to interpret internal business partners needs and decisions and their impact on financial reporting and cash flow
- Superior organization and planning skills; ability to effectively manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Results oriented with ability to set realistic and attainable goals and meet those on time
- Superior oral and written communication skills and the ability to articulate a concise story around business drivers, financial data, and potential implications on future results coupled with actionable recommendations
- Advanced Excel skills, financial modelling including cash flow projections
- Commitment to continuous process improvement and ability to challenge the status quo to make things better
- Demonstrates the highest level of ethics and personal integrity
- Construction, High Rise residential or ICI (Industrial/Commercial/Institutional) experience an asset
- Experience with JD Edwards, OneStream, Hyperion or Essbase
- Public accounting experience is an asset
We encourage applicants who meet most of the role requirements to hit that submit button and apply! It’s okay if you don’t have 100% of the requirements. If you’re the right candidate, we’ll help you learn and grow.
Who we are
Mattamy Homes is the largest privately owned homebuilder in North America, with 40-plus years of history across Canada and the United States. Every year, Mattamy helps more than 8,000 families realize their dream of home ownership. In Canada, our communities stretch across the Greater Toronto Area as well as in Ottawa, Calgary and Edmonton.
Be yourself. We want it that way.
At Mattamy, we're passionate about creating and promoting a diverse and inclusive environment where everyone can do their best work. Diversity and inclusion are important to the work we do to support our homebuyers, colleagues, and communities. From how we build our teams to cultivating our leaders, we're on a journey toward a welcoming, barrier-free culture for everyone.
Mattamy Homes Canada is committed to providing accommodation for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation through any aspects of the selection process, please notify us on your application and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Qualified applicants will be contacted directly by the Talent Acquisition team.