Sr. Digital Content Producer, Bell Media
City : Regina, Saskatchewan
Category : Media
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Bell
Req Id: 409100
At Bell, we do more than build world-class networks, develop innovative services and create original multiplatform media content - we advance how Canadians connect with each other and the world.
If you’re ready to bring game-changing ideas to life and join a community that values professional growth and employee wellness, we want you on the Bell team.
The Bell Media team creates and delivers the best Canadian and international content across our digital media, television, radio, and out-of-home advertising platforms. We’re looking for innovative team players ready to take some of the most well-known entertainment brands in the country to the next level.
- Job Title: Sr. Digital Content Producer, Bell Media
- Location: Regina, Saskatchewan
- Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
- Hours of Work: 40 hours per week, overtime as required
- CTV News Regina is seeking an established Digital Leader who thrives on breaking news, in-depth journalism, and quality reporting to lead a local team of digital producers to the top spot in one of Canada’s largest and most exciting news markets
- Lead the online production of articles and video; generate original stories and other content for all digital platforms
- Channel newsroom resources to maximize digital output through articles, videos, and original content
- Develop distribution strategy for breaking news and major events, including ctvnewsregina.ca and social media channels
- Ensure the accuracy, consistency and adherence to standards of all material on the site (headlines, photos, captions, video, etc.)
- Copy editing stories for grammar and accuracy
- Work may include visualizations in infographics, maps, quizzes, timelines and data journalism
- Monitoring and publishing wires, with an eye to SEO, keywords and social sharing
- Managing multiple social media streams for news (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and others) and when required, sending news alerts to mobile apps
- Vet content for adherence to ethical and legal standards
- Other duties as assigned
- The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years’ experience in print and/or broadcast news with a focus on digital and direct experience leading digital staff
- Ability to independently make editorial decisions using strong judgment and ethics
- Excellent strategic knowledge of digital news, a self-starter who can lead digital growth and innovation with limited supervision and guidance
- Excellent people skills with the ability to develop strong, positive relationships with colleagues
- Must have an excellent command of the English language, and an ability to write accurate and engaging headlines. Experience within the CTV News digital environment is an asset
- Must be familiar with Canadian Press Style Guide and Canadian libel law.
- Knowledge of HTML, CSS, Polopoly, Adobe Experience Manager, Photoshop and other applications in the Adobe Creative Suite is an asset
- Familiarity with newsroom management systems (e.g. iNews, etc.) and video encoding/format transferring an asset
- Knowledge of television production procedures, terminology and equipment capabilities
Adequate knowledge of French is required for positions in Quebec.
Position Type: Non Management
Job Status: Regular - Full Time
Job Location: Canada : Saskatchewan : Regina
Flexible work profile: Full-time in office (meaning that you will be required to perform your work on-site)
Application Deadline: 03/30/2023
All team members are expected to reside in Canada and within a reasonable commuting distance from their work location to ensure that they are able to come to the office as required, whether the visit is planned or unplanned.
Please apply directly online to be considered for this role. Applications through email will not be accepted.
At Bell, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it. We’re committed to fostering an inclusive, equitable, and accessible workplace where every team member feels valued, respected, and supported, and has the opportunity to reach their full potential. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. For a confidential inquiry, simply email your recruiter directly or email@example.com to make arrangements. If you have questions regarding accessible employment at Bell please email our Diversity & Inclusion Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Created: Canada, SK, Regina
Bell, one of Canada's Top 100 Employers.