Sr Desktop Solution Specialist
City : Brampton, ON, CA
Category : Information Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Our Digital & Technology team wakes up every day with one goal in mind – to connect Canadians to the people and things that matter most. Collectively, we’re proud to support 30 million Canadians each month.
We manage a robust portfolio that champions the leading edge of technology and media. We drive projects that expand connectivity to underserved communities from coast-to-coast-to-coast; build and enhance our fixed broadband network to provide high-speed Internet, TV and Smart Home Monitoring; and support our world class wireless network, offering our customers Canada’s largest and most reliable 5G network. As the Digital & Technology team, we are building our tomorrow, today.
Come play a key role in building the future of innovation in Canada, Let’s make your possible.
Do you enjoy working on high-scale, complex, and high visibility projects and programs? If yes, consider the following opportunity:
Rogers is seeking a Sr. Desktop Specialist – SCCM/Intune, Configuration, and Integration. Reporting to the Sr. Manager Desktop Engineering at Brampton, Ontario Canada. This individual will be responsible to support client technologies in large scale enterprise environment. This individual will be working closely with our IT partners to ensure our End User environment meet defined service levels. The incumbent plays a vital role in the system configuration, management, maintenance and expansion of the desktop infrastructure and has a direct role in all aspects of supporting users. The incumbent establishes performance standards, develops policies and procedures, and enforces security protocols.
What you will be doing:
- Assisting with the full life cycle for Rogers' End User Standard Operating Environment
- Administer the SCCM tool set back end to keep the system running and healthy, including changes to the core components and settings, software delivery, client heath, reporting, boundaries, and bandwidth settings.
- Hands on with Microsoft Endpoint Manager “MEM” (SCCM/Config Manager, Intune, Autopilot, Desktop Analytics, Windows Servicing) and co-management solutions
- Assist with the design, implementation and updates of Endpoint Management Tools.
- Research on current and emerging technologies in the Endpoint Management Space
- Identify and resolve problems with software applications and distribution of packages.
- Plan and deploy approved security Patches to production environment.
- Provide third-level technical support for managing applications, patches, and inventory of desktops using Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM), Intune, and Windows Server Update Services (WSUS).
- Provide Endpoint Antivirus Administration.
- Create OS images for deployment through rapid deployment methods using industry best practices.
- Provide 3rd Level Problem Determination and support for enterprise desktop environment, SCCM, Active Directory Group Policy, Antivirus, Windows OS, Applications, desktop hardware and peripherals.
- Conduct research, evaluate and recommend on future technical products, services, protocols, and standards.
- Create and support desktop/application/configuration management scripts. Powershell preferred.
- Create reports using SQL Queries, Excel, and MS Access.
- Collaborate with other IT departments and business lines on assigned projects and issues.
- Responsible for the full lifecycle for Rogers’ End User Standard Operating Environment
- Self-motivated and self directed learning & advising
- Respond to escalations for applications and systems within their areas of responsibility
What you have:
- In-depth knowledge of System Center Configuration Manager/Intune
- 7+ years’ experience in support and administration of enterprise deployment platforms.
- 7+ years’ experience in OS build automation and management
- 5+ years’ experience in application packaging and deployment
- 5+ years’ of programing and scripting experience
- Experience with Beyond Trust Privilege Management
- MCSE preferred (or equivalent experience)
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager/Intune
- Windows Server Update Services
- Windows 10, Windows 11
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), Windows Autopilot
- InstallShield AdminStudio
- PowerShell, Visual C# .NET, VBScript, Batch
- Windows Server, Active Directory – Users and computer objects, OU, GPO, AD
- Microsoft Office
- Windows PE
- SharePoint–form libraries
- Windows Script – VBScript, WBEM, ADSI
- Microsoft Access - VBA
- SQL Server – database design, triggers, SQL queries
- VMWare Workstation, VDI, ESX
- Citrix XenDesktop, XenApp
- Linux experience nice to have
Schedule: Full time