Sr. Cyber Security Advisor – Awareness
City : Brampton, ON, CA
Category : Information Technology
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuels us, and moments define us.
Do you have a passion for Cyber Security and enjoy working in a progressive, fast-paced environment? Are you a creative, solution-oriented individual who thrives on driving initiatives that have the impact to improve cyber security culture across the company? Do you have a focus on protecting customers and Rogers, as well as influencing a great cyber culture?
Rogers is seeking a Sr. Cyber Security Advisor to support the Information & Cyber Security Unit (ICSU) Awareness & Communications function with a strong focus on cyber security awareness, events, presentations, and communications. This individual will be responsible for leading the overall development, delivery, and maintenance of the enterprise cyber security awareness program. The ideal candidate is articulate, organized, creative, with a proven background in awareness, training/education, project management and event planning along with creative writing skills and excellent verbal communications.
Reporting to the Sr. Manager of Cyber Security Awareness at the Rogers Brampton Campus, this individual will have the following responsibilities:
- Lead the development, delivery, and continuous improvement of the annual cyber security awareness program and strategy to support cultural change that promotes strong cyber secure behaviours and delivers creative and engaging content. This includes monthly campaigns and October Cyber Security Awareness month initiatives.
- Use program management and strong organizational skills to drive and deliver multiple initiatives to support the Awareness program roadmap, including projects, events, presentations and workshops. This includes delivery of initiatives from end to end (including content development, logistics, inventory, budgeting, and reporting on metrics and KPIs).
- Use research and creativity to develop campaigns and communications for a range of audiences (all levels) across multiple communication channels, platforms and approaches that addresses key cyber security risks. Ensure completion and delivery of initiatives and monitor effectiveness for continuous improvement.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key partners and teams across Rogers to support delivery of initiatives for maximum engagement and effectiveness in a timely manner.
- Write cyber security communications and articles that are well-researched, succinct and articulate and ensure they are delivered in a timely manner to support the cyber security awareness program and strategy. Ability to communicate and translate cyber security threats for a range of audiences.
- Lead and support various cyber security events and presentations (in person and virtually) from end to end including helping to prepare speakers and content.
- Measure maturity and success of the awareness program by establishing program KPIs and industry benchmarking. Drive the ongoing enhancement of awareness initiatives and programs based on research and findings.
- Support a strong cyber security team culture with the development of various initiatives including team building events, presentations, and training.
What you will be doing:
- Undergraduate degree in Business Management, Business or Digital Marketing, Journalism, Communications & Media, Information Management, Information Technology, Computer Science, or related fields.
- 3+ years of broad cyber security experience with a focus on awareness, and communications.
- 2+ years of project management or related experience driving multiple initiatives on a tight timeline.
- PMP or related Project Management certification is an asset
- CISSP or related Cyber Security certification is an asset
- Advanced knowledge of PowerPoint and Excel.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to translate technical information into business language to create clear and concise content.
- Ability to create meaningful and impactful visual presentations that clearly demonstrates key messages and business-value outcome.
- Ability to influence others, build consensus and communicate effectively with stakeholders at all levels.
- Team player with a positive attitude and ability to hit the ground running.
- Ability to work with teams and independently to achieve goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and a desire for continuous process improvement and learning.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and documentation skills
- Experience in the telecommunications and/or cyber security industry is an asset
- Experience in planning and delivering training and education content is an asset.
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Digital & Technology || Canada (CA) || ON || Brampton || [[mfield2]] ||