City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Audit | Compliance | Legal | Risk
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
In this role you will primarily support RBC on matters relating to continuous disclosure, including providing assistance to Finance, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications on the quarterly and annual financial reporting process, press releases and investor presentations. You will also advise on corporate governance matters and provide strategic planning and operational support to RBC’s Board of Directors’ Audit Committee and the RBC Disclosure Committee. As well, the successful candidate will provide assistance to Corporate Treasury on matters relating to public and private securities offerings, including issuances of capital and senior debt and maintenance and renewals of the Bank’s shelf prospectuses globally.
What will you do?
- Support RBC in fulfilling its continuous disclosure obligations in compliance with Canadian and US securities laws, including supporting Finance, Investor Relations and Corporate Communications on the quarterly and annual financial reporting process (reviewing and providing input on quarterly reports to shareholders, earnings releases, analyst presentations and related documents), and drafting and coordinating input on RBC’s Annual Information Form and US SEC Form 40-F
- Provide advice and assist in development of Audit Committee materials and provide logistical and operational support during Board and Committee meeting cycles, as well as provide research, information and communications to the Board and draft minutes
- Support Corporate Treasury on funding and capital raising transactions, which includes executing transactions and maintaining shelf prospectuses and related materials and disclosure in relation to the Bank’s global issuance programs
- Provide securities and corporate law advice to RBC on a variety of other matters including in relation to insider reporting obligations, share buybacks, auditor independence, stock exchange listing and governance requirements, the dividend reinvestment program, and other related matters
What do you need to succeed?
- An LLB or JD degree and called to the Bar of a Canadian province, with membership in an applicable law society or bar association
- 5+ years of relevant experience at a law firm or financial institution, particularly in the areas of continuous disclosure, governance and securities law matters
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate and build relationships
- Sound judgement, strategic and practical thinking and a client focus and Excellent organizational and project management skills, including the ability to execute project plans, set timetables and monitor workflow and effectiveness
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills and the ability to work under substantial pressure and to very tight timelines
- Accounting or finance background
- In-house experience at a financial institution
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to take on progressively greater accountabilities
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.