Sr Construction Inspector
City : Thornhill, ON
Category : T&I - Water & Wastewater
Industry : Engineering
Employer : WSP
WSP is currently seeking a Senior Construction Inspector to join our Infrastructure department, located at our Thornhill office. Reporting to the Department Manager, this position will be responsible for the Inspection, Contract Administration and some Project Management related to the field review for the construction of Linear and vertical infrastructure facilities including water and wastewater treatment plants, sewage pumping stations, water booster station, reservoirs, watermains and sewers. You will work together with clients, municipalities and contractors on constructability reviews, quality assurance and resolving construction issues. This is an exciting opportunity with career growth potential targeted to learn the skills necessary towards management and leadership in the Contract Administration group.
- We value and are committed to upholding a culture of Inclusion and Belonging
- Our Flexible Work Policy – we recognize the importance of balance in our lives and encourage you to prioritize the balance in yours. We will support you on and off the job so you can be fully present in both your work and home lives.
- Our Hybrid Work Policy - a combination of in-person and remote working, enables us to purposefully think of how we work, who we need to work with, and where the work should be done.
- A Canadian success story - we're proud to wear the red and white of this beautiful country and show the world what Canada has to offer.
- Enhance the world around you - from the environment to the highways, to the buildings and the terrain, WSP is the fabric of Canada.
- Outstanding career opportunities - we're growing and pushing ourselves every day to be greater than yesterday - we're open to your ideas and trying new things.
- A phenomenal collaborative culture and a workforce filled with genuinely good people who are doing humbly important work. Come find out for yourself what it's like to be a part of our journey.
We offer attractive pay, flexible work options, a great corporate culture, comprehensive and employee-focused benefits including virtual healthcare and a wellness platform as well as great savings programs, and a clear vision for the future.
A day in the life:
- Be a part of a team of Project Managers, Engineers, Contract Administrators, Designers, Inspectors, and other staff as required;
- Lead the team and certain aspects of the projects through the construction of, treatment facilities, pumping stations, potable water retaining structures, tunneling, trenchless construction, water transmission mains, sewer mains, roads and land development projects and other client projects;
- Evaluate contractor performance to ensure project deliverables and quality standards are achieved;
- Maintain regular communication with clients regarding project status, site issues and project quality and resolve issues as required;
- Assist and support regional business development initiatives including staffing RFP, RFQ response to meet projected department growth;
- Management of Quality Assurance and measurements for and the preparation of payment certificates;
- Oversee Change Requests and Claims;
- Management of responses to Contractor’s RFI’s and clarification requests;
- Preparation of Engineering Certifications;
- Ensure staff complete tasks in line with WSP’s safety policies/procedures and legislative requirements.
- Assist with the performance review process through ongoing performance feedback and exceptional communication with team members;
- Lead by example: Champion a successful mentoring, assistance, encouragement, and motivation approach for team members;
- Other duties as assigned.
What you'll bring to WSP ...
- 5+ years in Contract Administration and Site Inspection
- Experience on large civil projects – with specific experience in watermains, sewers, and flooding;
- Experience supervising other staff members and have aspirations leading you to management;
- Experienced in project planning, risk management, cost management, schedule management and preparation/administration of contract documents and specifications would be a big asset;
- Familiarity with sewer, water main, and road construction materials, methods and processes.
- Strong business development skills;
- Computer skills including word, excel, PDF markup and windows applications;
- Valid drivers license required. This position requires use of personal vehicle in good working order to be used occasionally for business use, for which there is reimbursement.