Sr. Business Analyst
City : TORONTO, Ontario, Canada
Category : Strategy | Project & Program Management
Industry : Financial/Banking
Employer : RBC
Come Work with Us!
At RBC, our culture is deeply supportive and rich in opportunity and reward. You will help our clients thrive and our communities prosper, empowered by a spirit of shared purpose.
Whether you’re helping clients find new opportunities, developing new technology, or providing expert advice to internal partners, you will be doing work that matters in the world, in an environment built on teamwork, service, responsibility, diversity, and integrity.
What is the opportunity?
You will work closely with Finance teams serving multiple business lines, to improve the capabilities of IT systems and quality of data used for this purpose. This includes driving business and IT teams in data and business analysis, creating new and re-engineering existing business rules, testing and implementing enhancements to the GPE Application.
What will you do?
- Elicit, analyze and document business requirements, business rules and data sources.
- Pro-actively communicate and collaborate with Finance and business line clients to analyze functional requirements and deliver the appropriate documentation and explanations as needed.
- Act as the first line of contact to interface with Finance business users on your specific products and projects.
- Work with project managers, developers, quality engineers and other business analysts, to ensure that projects are delivered on time and within budget.
- Ensure that testing, configuration/release management, deployment, and post implementation verification are completed in desired timelines.
- At least 5 years of experience in Financial Services with a focus on delivering both large-scale programs and product enhancements
- Strong Business Analysis skills - elicitation, synthesis, evaluation and communication of results.
- Understanding of finance, including the role of the subledger and the financial control closing processes.
- Strong understanding of Data Models, Experience data analysis and experience in Database systems like SQL, MS Access, MS Excel, and other analytical tools.
- Strong communication skills – the ability to write clearly; know your audience; one on one verbal communications; the ability to give presentations and run a meeting is critical.
- Strong experience and proficiency in creation of Requirement artifacts such as Use Case, Use Case Diagrams, Business Rules, Data Catalog, User Interface Specifications and Data Mapping.
- Experience using business analysis and requirements modeling tools, such as data flow diagrams, relationship data models and business process modelling.
- Ability to understand the business requirements and translate it to technical requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills and leadership abilities to independently lead integrated teams in project activities.
- Business Analysis certification and/or completion of BA training courses
- Experience on Financial Products – Cash Equities, Bond, Futures, Forwards, Interest Rate Derivatives, Foreign Exchanges Currency and OTC Derivatives (Swaps, Structured Debt products etc).
What’s in it for you?
We thrive on the challenge to be our best, progressive thinking to keep growing, and working together to deliver trusted advice to help our clients thrive and communities prosper. We care about each other, reaching our potential, making a difference to our communities, and achieving success that is mutual.
- A comprehensive Total Rewards Program including bonuses and flexible benefits, competitive compensation, commissions, and stock where applicable
- Leaders who support your development through coaching and managing opportunities
- Ability to make a difference and lasting impact
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- A world-class training program in financial services
- Flexible work/life balance options
- Opportunities to do challenging work
Inclusion and Equal Opportunity Employment
At RBC, we embrace diversity and inclusion for innovation and growth. We are committed to building inclusive teams and an equitable workplace for our employees to bring their true selves to work. We are taking actions to tackle issues of inequity and systemic bias to support our diverse talent, clients and communities.
We also strive to provide an accessible candidate experience for our prospective employees with different abilities. Please let us know if you need any accommodations during the recruitment process.
Join our Talent Community
Stay in-the-know about great career opportunities at RBC. Sign up and get customized info on our latest jobs, career tips and Recruitment events that matter to you.
Expand your limits and create a new future together at RBC. Find out how we use our passion and drive to enhance the well-being of our clients and communities at rbc.com/careers.