Sr. Automation Tester with Python Robot-Framework
City : Toronto, Ontario
Category : Technologie et ingénierie
Industry : Technologies de l'information
Employer : Cognizant
At Cognizant, our global community sets us apart—an energetic, collaborative and inclusive workplace where everyone can thrive. And with projects at the forefront of innovation, you can build a varied, rewarding career and draw inspiration from dedicated colleagues and leaders. Cognizant is right where you belong!
About Cognizant’s QEA Practice:
We are the largest Quality Assurance Practice Globally servicing 800+ Clients including 50+ clients in the Fortune 100. We bring industry-leading vision and expertise to help with the Quality Engineering transformation journey for our reputed clients. We provide Next Gen QA offerings like System Modernization assurance, Business Process Assurance, Quality Engineering, Cloud Platform Assurance, Customer Experience Assurance and Robotic Test Automation. We have been ranked #1 for Market Impact by Everest Group four times in a row and ranked #1 for completeness of vision, test advisory and Digital Business Assurance in Gartner Magic Quadrant!
Role overview: We are looking for a Senior Automation Tester who considers themselves dynamic, and collaborative and thrives in a fast-paced environment.
As a key member of the QA team, you will identify, analyze, and document problems following a clearly defined QA methodology and you will be responsible for the planning, execution and Reporting of all automation activities in your area of responsibility.
What you’ll do:
- Develop, enhance, and maintain automation frameworks and tools.
- Estimate and build automation scripts using Python and Unix platforms.
- Use SQL queries for effective data comparison in test scenarios.
- Contribute to Unix/Linux environments and GIT/Bitbucket workflows.
What you bring to the role:
- A proven background in software quality assurance, demonstrating 7+ years of experience as a test automation developer.
- At least 2 years of hands-on Test Automation expertise applying Python/Robot Framework.
- Proficiency in SQL queries, particularly for data comparison in test scenarios.
- Hands-on experience in automating web-based APIs and database-centric applications.
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux environments.
- Firm grasp of GIT/Bitbucket (source code management tool) and CI/CD Pipeline.
- Comfortable working in a diverse environment with a range of banking & financial applications, innovative automation technologies, and testing tools.
What we offer:
- The chance to work with impact. Here, you’re empowered to bring your biggest thinking to help our company and clients improve everyday life.
- Ownership over your career. Stay at the top of your game through our award-winning learning and development ecosystem. And when your ambitions change, or we offer new opportunities, we help you change directions by providing reskilling, on-the-job learning and guidance to find new roles that might be a better fit.
- The opportunity to thrive with a high-caliber team with heart. We celebrate each other’s experiences and perspectives and promote a sense of belonging through our affinity groups and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
- A comprehensive total rewards package, including a competitive salary and pension plan with matching contributions.
- Flexible health and financial benefits to support you and your eligible dependents—from day one.
- True work-life balance. Be at your best through paid time off, flexible work arrangements, volunteering opportunities, social events, and so much more.
We believe hybrid work is the way forward as we strive to provide flexibility wherever possible. Based on this role’s business requirements, this is a hybrid position requiring 3 days a week in a Cognizant or client office in Toronto location. Regardless of your working arrangement, we are here to support a healthy work-life balance through our various well-being programs.
Note: The working arrangements for this role are accurate as of the date of posting. This may change based on the project you’re engaged in, as well as business and client requirements. Rest assured; we will always be clear about role expectations.
Cognizant will only consider applicants for this position who are legally authorized to work in Canada without requiring employer sponsorship, now or at any time in the future.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation at email@example.com.
Employee Status : Full Time Employee
Shift : Day Job
Travel : No
Job Posting : Feb 01 2024
About CognizantCognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the U.S., Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.