Sr. Analyst, Strategy & Business Development
City : Brampton, Ontario
Category : Full time
Industry : Marketing
Employer : Shoppers Drug Mart®
Referred applicants should not apply directly to this role.
All referred applicants must first be submitted through Workday by a current Loblaw Colleague.
Come make your difference in communities across Canada, where authenticity, trust and making connections is valued – as we shape the future of Canadian retail, together. Our unique position as one of the country's largest employers, coupled with our commitment to positively impact the lives of all Canadians, provides our colleagues a range of opportunities and experiences to help Canadians Live Life Well®.
At Loblaw Companies Limited, we succeed through collaboration and commitment and set a high bar for ourselves and those around us. Whether you are just starting your career, re-entering the workforce, or looking for a new job, this is where you belong.
We are looking for a Senior Analyst with a strong background in strategy and exceptional analytical, problem-solving as well as strong communication skills. The ideal candidate further has a proven track record of leading important projects and of building effective relationships with people at varying levels of complex organizations.
If you are a self-driven individual with exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills, strong communication and interpersonal skills to proactively engage and build relationships across varying levels of the organization, we look forward to receiving your application.
What you’ll do:
- Assist in the development and evaluation of compelling strategic plans and high-priority projects for the operating businesses – analysis, research, financial and operational modeling, and presentations.
- Act as internal consultant and advisor for various operating businesses and initiatives.
- Communicate succinctly and confidently any analyses and project findings to senior business professionals.
- Interact effectively with internal business managers and partners across the group of companies, building strong relationships with peers across the enterprise.
- Work with cross-functional teams to execute on project plans and drive projects to completion. Manage stakeholder communications and relationships as well as project timelines with cross-functional teams.
What you’ll bring:
The ideal candidate will demonstrate a strong Strategy skillset, given their primary responsibilities will be to direct strategy work. An ideal candidate will also have personal attributes such as the confidence and credibility to interact with senior-level business leaders, being self-directed and organized, and showing up authentically.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in relevant field (e.g., business, economics, finance) from a university
- 3+ years of relevant experience in Strategy and Business Development, ideally at a consulting firm, or in Corporate Strategy/Corporate Development at a leading Canadian retail company.
- Strong financial/business acumen applied to our core businesses with a good understanding of Retail, Food or Consumer Goods.
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and time-manage to deliver across a variety of priorities.
- Creative problem-solving skills to tackle complex projects and deal with unstructured problems.
- Demonstrated ability to build effective and trustful relationships across varying levels in complex matrix organizations.
- Excellent communication skills to help distill key message for senior audiences (including the C-suite and Boards), verbally and in writing.
- Strong willingness to learn and ability to be flexible, self-directed, and organized in a dynamic, fast-paced team environment.
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
Our commitment to Sustainability and Social Impact is an essential part of the way we do business, and we focus our attention on areas where we can have the greatest impact. Our approach to sustainability and social impact is based on three pillars – Environment, Sourcing and Community – and we are constantly looking for ways to demonstrate leadership in these important areas. Our CORE Values – Care, Ownership, Respect and Excellence – guide all our decision-making and come to life through our Blue Culture. We offer our colleagues progressive careers, comprehensive training, flexibility, and other competitive benefits – these are some of the many reasons why we are one of Canada’s Top Employers, Canada’s Best Diversity Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers & Canada’s Top Employers for Young People.
If you are unsure whether your experience matches every requirement above, we encourage you to apply anyway. We are looking for varied perspectives which include diverse experiences that we can add to our team.
We have a long-standing focus on diversity, equity and inclusion because we know it will make our company a better place to work and shop. We are committed to creating accessible environments for our colleagues, candidates and customers. Requests for accommodation due to a disability (which may be visible or invisible, temporary or permanent) can be made at any stage of application and employment. We encourage candidates to make their accommodation needs known so that we can provide equitable opportunities.
Candidates who are 18 years or older are required to complete a criminal background check. Details will be provided through the application process.