Sr. Analyst, Investment Management Reporting
City : Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Category : Full time
Industry : Public Services/Utilities
Employer : Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan (HOOPP)
Why you’ll love working here:
high-performance, people-focused culture
our commitment that equity, diversity, and inclusion are fundamental to our work environment and business success, which helps employees feel valued and empowered to be their authentic selves
learning and development initiatives, including workshops, Speaker Series events and access to LinkedIn Learning, that support employees’ career growth
membership in HOOPP’s world class defined benefit pension plan, which can serve as an important part of your retirement security
competitive, 100% company-paid extended health and dental benefits for permanent employees, including coverage supporting our team's diversity and mental health (e.g., gender affirmation, fertility and drug treatment, psychological support benefits of $2,500 per year, and newly extended maternity/parental leave top of 26 weeks)
optional post-retirement health and dental benefits subsidized at 50%
yoga classes, meditation workshops, nutritional consultations, and wellness seminars
access to an annual wellness reimbursement program for health and wellness-related expenses for permanent and temporary employees
the opportunity to make a difference and help take care of those who care for us, by providing a financially secure retirement for Ontario healthcare workers
Reporting to the Director, Investment Management Reporting, the position is responsible for executing the day to day activities as it relates to the team's duties and responsibilities. This will include the operation and reporting of investment management compliance, performance measurement & attribution, and asset mix within all investment asset categories of HOOPP. The incumbent will also ensure methodologies of calculation comply with accepted industry practice for each asset class and will ensure consistent, accurate, and timely reporting. Responsibilities will also include the development and maintenance of reporting, documenting, and updating procedures manuals, and assisting the team to identify, select, and implement new performance, attribution, and asset mix technologies.
What you will do:
- Lead on behalf of management any projects which will impact workflow in the area.
- Supervise the day to day activities of junior members of the team with emphasis on guiding and mentoring.
- Provide insight and propose analytical options, if applicable, on Investment Management Reporting in order to enhance reporting.
- Ensure that benchmark returns used for the various investment categories are consistent and that changes and enhancements to benchmarks are documented prior to implementation in performance measurement.
- Review and evaluate the appropriateness of indices being used in performance benchmark and as individual asset class benchmarks, particularly in non-traditional asset classes.
- Analyze performance reports including attribution analysis, if available, for distribution to portfolio managers on a daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly basis as required.
- Assist in enhancing the compliance measurement reporting process.
- Analyze compliance reports for distribution to internal groups on a daily, weekly, monthly or quarterly basis as required.
- Lead business requirement initiatives with Investment Management and IT to enhance existing analytical tools and reports.
- Assist with relevant sections for quarterly reporting to upper management.
- Assist with production of final audited monthly-consolidated performance reporting package.
- Create and maintain a procedure manual to provide details on processes, controls and reporting of Investment Management Reporting.
What you bring:
- Practical experience with accounts/portfolio structures and multi-asset portfolios.
- Strong understanding and practical experience with compliance, performance measurement and performance attribution methodologies.
- Excellent research, technical, analytical and verbal/written communication skills.
- Proven project management experience is an asset.
- Proactive team player, displaying professionalism and integrity within a dynamic environment.
- Ability to think conceptually, who is creative and able to see new ways of doing work and develop/implement improvements.
- Good working knowledge of Excel.
- University or post-graduate degree in the following fields: finance, commerce, economics, business administration, mathematics.
- Minimum 7 years of progressive experience in the investment industry.
- A professional designation or enrolment in a professional program (i.e., CGA, CMA, CA, CFA, CIPM) would be an asset.