Spreader Truck Driver
City : Truro
Category : Transportation Services
Industry : Crop production
Employer : J.D. Irving
Spreader Truck Driver Class 3A - Seasonal
Cavendish Agri Services supports farmers in growing healthy and productive crops. We have 8 manufacturing/retail locations throughout Atlantic Canada with a Head Office located in Dieppe, New Brunswick. Our primary products include fertilizers, crop protectants and technical expertise.
Reporting to the Plant Supervisor, the Seasonal Spreader Truck Driver will be a results-driven, self-starter who is always looking for opportunities for improvement, and has the ability to adapt to a fast paced, dynamic work environment. The position involves spreading dry fertilizer and spraying agricultural pesticides. Accuracy and timeliness are key.
The duration of work is expected to be up to 8 weeks. Drivers will work in the fields spreading and may be asked to complete deliveries using tender trucks throughout Truro, NS, area.
- Effectively operate self-propelled spreader/sprayer which includes GPS technology & computerized application monitors
- Perform vehicle inspections; clean and perform mandatory maintenance to equipment including basic troubleshooting
- Prepare custom application of dry fertilizer & agricultural pesticides according to the customer’s work order
- Check equipment for proper application and make corrections as needed
- Drive to and from customer locations on public roads
- Transfer bulk products from trailers and trucks into the spreader/sprayer
- Ensure the accurate completion of associated paperwork
- Represent the company in a professional, positive and pleasant manner
- Other duties as assigned.
- Perform all tasks with safety being the number one priority
- Previous experience operating farm equipment or heavy equipment
- Valid driver’s license (Class 1 or 3 would be considered an asset)
- Availability to work extended hours, evenings and weekends
- Ability to work independently
- High degree of attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task
- Mechanical aptitude and previous experience working in manufacturing or farm/fertilizer operations would be considered an asset
- Valid B1 Pesticide Applicators Permit/or be willing to acquire
- Bring your resume to the branch at 38 Wade Rd, Truro, NS (902) 893-6950
*Please Note: Offers will be contingent on a clean criminal background check and drug screen. .
We appreciate your interest in our company! Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Agri Services is committed to equal opportunity in its employment practices and to providing an environment free from discrimination and harassment for all employees.