Sportsnet Engineering- Broadcast Technician
City : Toronto, ON, CA
Category : Broadcast Technicians
Industry : Telecommunications
Employer : Rogers
Come play a key role in building the future of Sports & Media! Everyone wants to be part of a transformational team – and that’s exactly what we’re building at Rogers Sports & Media. A team that innovates and a team that wins.
At Rogers Sports & Media we are committed to creating and growing teams that are digital-first, fast-moving and bold-thinking and are focused on delivering impact with everything they do. Our impressive collection of assets includes media properties, sports teams, sports events & production, venues, e-commerce platforms and a close connection with our Connected Home and Wireless team. Collectively, we touch the lives of 30 million Canadians every month!
Not only is our business strong, but so is our culture. We genuinely care about each other and working in an environment that allows each of us to bring our best authentic selves to work. That starts with our firm commitment to a diverse, inclusive and safe workplace. We’re also dedicated to giving back by using our media megaphone to help Canadians who need it most. Our team is All IN on diversity and inclusion – find out more at www.allinforequity.ca.
Are you up for the challenge and the fun? If so, consider the following opportunity!
We’re looking for a Broadcast Engineer!
Rogers Media central campus is located at 1 Mount Pleasant in Toronto. This main campus contains both the Sportsnet and NHL studios as well as the master control facilities for; Sportsnet, City TV Network, OMNI TV Network and our other Rogers Specialty channels. The Broadcast Technician position we are hiring for is in the Sportsnet Engineering department.
The central focus of the Sportsnet is to get all Sports media content out to viewers by streaming it over the internet, publishing it to Social Media, through Video on Demand services, (VOD), and through distribution to cable and satellite providers. Broadcast Technicians in Sportsnet Engineering make sure that all technical systems are configured properly, performing at optimum levels and they trouble shoot to resolve any problems that may occur.
Rogers is continually expanding our ability to reach more viewers through non-linear platforms and give them more content that they can consume in a variety of different ways. The Media Operations is our vehicle for doing that and the Broadcast Technicians are the ones constantly improving and maintaining that vehicle.
What you will do…
- The Sportsnet Engineering technicians work on; morning, evening and weekend shifts to make sure they can cover the needs of Sports Productions and On-Air Operations. When they are not working on new technical changes and additions to the Broadcast systems they are answering inquiries from Sportsnet operators and trouble shooting problems to keep things running smoothly.
- As a Broadcast Technician at Rogers you will have a chance to use your Engineering talents and knowledge to further expand our ability to get content out to our customers in new and evolving ways.
- Maintaining and trouble shooting the Sportsnet systems you will allow the operators to better perform their functions to provide the best viewer experience possible.
What you will bring…
- A real passion for working with Video/Audio files and streaming
- Knowledge of Video and Audio Transcoding
- Knowledge of compression systems like MPEG2 / MPEG4 / h.264 / h.265 / J2K
- Some experience with TCP-IP Network Infrastructure
- Knowledge of Tape Libraries and File Storage systems
- Experience with Editing and Graphics systems
- Experience with Broadcast Control Rooms and Studios
- Experience with Broadcast Video and Audio Test Equipment
- Knowledge of SMPTE 2110 IP Video systems and SDNO and/or SDVN networks an asset.
- Knowledge of Broadcast video/audio Satellite receivers and decoders an asset
- Work with scheduling automation systems
- Some IPTV and VOD Experience
- Some knowledge of technical requirements for Social Media Publishing
- Ability to create system functional diagrams
- An excellent aptitude for trouble shooting
Here’s what you can expect in return:
- A competitive salary and benefits that include access to our Employee Share Accumulation Program, Retirement Benefits and a variety of other perks including 50% off Rogers services and Blue Jays tickets
- A manager who deeply cares about your development and long-term career at Rogers
- A team that trusts and wants to win together
- Smart and accomplished colleagues who are focused on both the “what” and the “how”
- Your choice of hardware and software (iPhone or Android plus a laptop PC etc.)
Schedule: Full time
Length of Contract: Not Applicable (Regular Position)
Work Location: 1 Mount Pleasant (083), Toronto, ON
Travel Requirements: None
Posting Category/Function: Broadcasting & Broadcast Technicians
Requisition ID: 276558
Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.
Posting Notes: Rogers Sports & Media