Sports Instructor – Etobicoke/York District (Toronto, ON, CA)
City : Toronto
Category : Sports
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
Important: Do not apply to this job opportunity if you are a returning City of Toronto employee, instead please complete an online scheduling form.
The Community Recreation Branch is responsible for the delivery of high-quality, community-based recreation programs and services to the diverse neighbourhoods of Toronto. We provide a variety of programs that promote the social and physical development for people of all ages, with an emphasis on children and youth. The Community Recreation Branch strives to ensure Toronto residents have positive recreational experiences that enhance quality of life and contribute to lifelong active living.
|Job Type:||Temporary, Part-time|
|Number of Positions:||TBD|
|Division:||Parks, Forestry & Recreation|
|Section:||PFR CR Community Recreation|
|Posting End Date:||07/15/2023|
Note: Please indicate your area of specialty when applying and on your resume. ie. Ball Hockey, Soccer, Basketball, etc.
- Plans, organizes and leads instructional sports programs
- Evaluates participants and completes progress reports.
- Stores equipment in a safe and secure location.
- Performs administrative tasks to support the program.
- Interact with staff, parents and participants to provide program information.
- Develops and prepares an individual or team for competition.
- Ensures staff follow the principles of Healthy Child Development (HIGH FIVE®) in the planning and delivery of programs.
- Ensures that program facilities, equipment and supplies meet Health and Safety standards.
- Takes action to deal with incidents, problems and emergencies and comply with Divisional/City Policies and Procedures.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Significant experience working with the appropriate age group. (Ball Hockey, Soccer, Basketball, etc.)
- Experience and expertise as a participant and/or assistant instructor in the sport.
- Must have Multisport A, Level 1 technical, community coach technical or instructional technical certification or other equivalent provincially or nationally recognized sport-specific accreditation.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- You possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). This is a mandatory course that will be provided to you at no cost upon obtaining a conditional offer of employment. You will be provided with course dates and details at that time.
We thank all applicants for their submission. Only candidates who are selected for next steps will be contacted. Be sure to check your email regularly, including junk/spam mail folder, and log in to your profile to see the status of your application under Jobs Applied.
Accommodation: If you are an individual who requires accommodation, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the Requisition ID and the job title. The City is committed to providing Code-protected accommodation throughout its hiring process. Please visit Hiring Policies and Statements for further details.
Vulnerable Sector Check: One of the requirements for working with children and vulnerable adults is applicants providing the results of a Vulnerable Sector Check. For Recreation Worker positions, we are only able to consider candidates who obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check. Once an applicant is given a conditional offer of employment, we will obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check for applicants who reside within the City of Toronto. Applicants who reside outside of the City of Toronto will need to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check from their local Police Service. For further information on the vulnerable sector screening, please contact your local Police Service.