Specilaist Private Client-Cross Border
City : Kitchener
Category : Tax
Industry : Finance
Employer : KPMG
At KPMG, you’ll join a team of diverse and dedicated problem solvers, connected by a common cause: turning insight into opportunity for clients and communities around the world.
We are growing and are looking for tax professionals who have a passion to learn, are motivated to embrace challenges and enjoy resolving complex tax issues and designing sophisticated income and estate tax planning strategies.
What you will do
As a key member of the team, you will work on Canadian and US tax planning initiatives and tax compliance. You will continue your professional development in a fast-paced and rewarding practice that also provides deep learning opportunities. You will be developing solutions while working on complex cross border advisory projects. The ideal candidate has a passion for learning and enjoys working on challenging but equally rewarding projects.
- Continue to build deep understanding of Canadian and US personal tax laws including passive foreign investment corporation and controlled foreign corporation regimes; US estate, gift and trust compliance and other matters relevant to a client’s situation.
- As a key member of the tax engagement team, work closely with staff, provide support to team leaders and demonstrate strong time-management skills.
- Prepare Canadian and US individual and trust income tax returns and prepare highly complex tax returns and calculations (including Form 5471, complex 8621, estate and gift tax returns etc.).
- Review Canadian and US individual income tax returns prepared by junior staff.
- Maintain client files to ensure accurate and timely completion of returns and schedules.
- Correspond regularly with individual clients and tax authorities.
- Provide support to team members in practice development tasks including assistance with development and delivery of training programs, preparation of presentations and marketing material.
What you bring to the role
- Minimum 2 years of experience specializing in Canadian and/or US personal tax preparation.
- Accounting or Business undergraduate degree or diploma.
- Excellent computer skills including MS Office – Excel experience is required.
- Strong organizational and time management skills to handle multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills allowing effective interaction with client and team.
- Strong English verbal and written communication skills. French language skills are an asset.
- Enthusiastic with a desire to learn.
- US Professional designation (US CPA or EA)
- Canadian Professional designation (CPA) is desirable, but not required
Keys to your success
KPMG individuals Deliver Impact | Seek Growth | Inspire Trust and understand that a diverse workforce enables us to deepen relationships and strengthen our business.
Providing you with the support you need to be at your best
For more information about KPMG in Canada’s Benefits and well-being, click here.
Our Values, The KPMG Way
Integrity, we do what is right | Excellence, we never stop learning and improving | Courage, we think and act boldly | Together, we respect each other and draw strength from our differences | For Better, we do what matters
KPMG in Canada is a proud equal opportunities employer and we are committed to creating a respectful, inclusive and barrier-free workplace that allows all of our people to reach their full potential. A diverse workforce is key to our success and we believe in bringing your whole self to work. We welcome all qualified candidates to apply and hope you will choose KPMG in Canada as your employer of choice. For more information about Inclusion, Diversity & Equity in Recruitment, please click here.
If you have a question about accessible employment at KPMG, or to begin a confidential conversation about your individual accessibility or accommodation needs through the recruitment process, we encourage you to visit our accessibility page.