Specialty Fitness Instructor (Pilates) – Toronto/East York District (Toronto, ON, CA)
City : Toronto
Category : Fitness
Industry : Government
Employer : City of Toronto
Important: Do not apply to this job opportunity if you are a returning City of Toronto employee, instead please complete an online scheduling form.
The Community Recreation Branch is responsible for the delivery of high-quality, community-based recreation programs and services to the diverse neighbourhoods of Toronto. We provide a variety of programs that promote the social and physical development for people of all ages, with an emphasis on children and youth. The Community Recreation Branch strives to ensure Toronto residents have positive recreational experiences that enhance quality of life and contribute to lifelong active living.
|Job Type:||Temporary, Part-time|
|Number of Positions:||TBD|
|Division:||Parks, Forestry & Recreation|
|Section:||PFR CR Community Recreation|
|Posting End Date:||03/14/2023|
Note: This posting is for Pilates specifically.
- Designs, promotes and implements specialized fitness classes within the guidelines of a recognized specialty fitness (Nia, Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates, Qigong) certifying organization.
- Plans, organizes and instructs safe and enjoyable group fitness classes for all ages and abilities.
- Sets-up and takes-down all necessary equipment for the class.
- Reports any incidents/accidents and/or areas of concern to supervisor.
- Monitors and maintains attendance, fitness passes and memberships.
- Interacts with staff, participants and the public to provide program information.
- Ensures safe use, condition and storage of equipment.
- Attends and participates in meetings and training sessions.
- Valid certification in one or more of: Pilates, Yoga, Tai Chi or Qigong.
- Experience in planning and implementing a wide variety of fitness classes for all ages and abilities.
- Technical knowledge of fitness and wellness.
- Good knowledge and understanding of all relevant regulations, policies and procedures.
- Must produce original current Emergency First Aid and Cardio-Pulmonary Resuscitation certification as recognized by the WSIB.
- Degree or diploma in Physical Education/Health, Fitness & Wellness would be an asset.
- You possess certification in Parks and Recreation Ontario's Principles of Healthy Child Development (PHCD). This is a mandatory course that will be provided to you at no cost upon obtaining a conditional offer of employment. You will be provided with course dates and details at that time.
We thank all applicants for their submission. Only candidates who are selected for next steps will be contacted. Be sure to check your email regularly, including junk/spam mail folders, and log in to your profile to see the status of your application under Jobs Applied.
Accommodation: If you are an individual who requires accommodation, due to disability under the Ontario Human Rights Code, to apply for this position, please email us at email@example.com, quoting the Requisition ID and the job title. The City is committed to providing Code-protected accommodation throughout its hiring process. Please visit Hiring Policies and Statements for further details.
Vulnerable Sector Check: One of the requirements for working with children and vulnerable adults is applicants providing the results of a Vulnerable Sector Check. For Recreation Worker positions, we are only able to consider candidates who obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check. Once an applicant is given a conditional offer of employment, we will obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check for applicants who reside within the City of Toronto. Applicants who reside outside of the City of Toronto will need to obtain a Vulnerable Sector Check from their local Police Service. For further information on the vulnerable sector screening, please contact your local Police Service.